• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Your Favorite Childhood Book?

Dibbons

Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
I still have the hardcover version of "The Little Engine That Could" that Mom read to me as a youngster. It's kind of falling apart these days (photo not my book which is in storage).

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 10.22.16 AM.png

Playmate Elizabeth Roberts
Found this in my father's dresser drawer. She was only 10 years older than me.

F6CD898D-810E-48FB-B7B7-E757971FCBF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Telephone book although there are too many characters and no plot.

this is for real and it immediately popped into my head.....the dogs were all driving to a huge dog party in a big tree......

legend has it that I used to flush the toilet and yell Go Man Go!

I remember the book well, I don't remember the toilet thing....... my sisters say I was 2ish years old at the time.....they probably used the book as a potty training aide :D

ZB-BOOK-1122_Go-Dog-Go-book-front_01_1200x1580.jpg

Last edited:
obviously Go Dog Go was a major inspiration....... dogs and cars, 2 of my favorite things :)

Rebel very handsom.jpg

Last edited:
I still have the hardcover version of "The Little Engine That Could" that Mom read to me as a youngster. It's kind of falling apart these days (photo not my book which is in storage).

View attachment 1243254

I still have a hard copy of that one too! But my fav was Winnie the Pooh!

Project blue book.. The basis for my tinfoil hat wearing of today. It was available in my elementary school library. To note it was after I saw Close encounters of the third kind for the very first time.

The Iliad and the Odyssey - This book I read a number of times because the adventures of Odessius were truly spellbinding to me. Couldn’t get enough of it. Then of course uncountable biographies of baseball players and presidents of the older times. I was a truly avid reader as a kid.

Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

The Green Ghost . About a kid and his Gasser drag car.Haven't thought about that in years.So I looked it up. 1968 The Green Ghost (The Fastest Funny Car) By Patrick J Williams.It was a paperback Maybe cost $2. Found it on Amazon for $84.
Talk about inflation..

Last edited:
The Danny Dunn book series.
My dad's Hot Rod magazines
Model Railroader Magazine
Some books about a woman named Seka who did some weird things with other people lol

The Hobbit....... My entire 5th grade class got to meet Tolkien in early 1971 . Looking back , what a treat for a bunch of 10 year olds .

I always liked picture books and my favorite when I was young was the Sears catalog, especially the bra and panty section.

Auto Transport Service
Back