• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your most prized award?

63hemipolara

Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Outside of personal praises which mean more than most local mixed shows what is your most prized award you have ever received?

I'll get it going with the ultimate prize I believe I could ever win, Mike Buckel - former Ramcharger driver/Chrysler race engine development engineer/engine tuner selected my '63 Dodge Polara 472 Hemi as his personal selection as "Best of Show" at the 2008 All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle PA this past July. There is no higher award that could be presented to me as this man is part of a legendary team of engineers that made our hobby what it is today. Without the Ramchargers group much of the performance end of Ma Mopar would not be what it is now today. Thanks Mike! :yaayy:

ACN2008-1.jpg

I also received Mr. Norms pick as well that was another great honor and 2nd in my class by people's choice. It was a good weekend and here's some of the hardware as well.

models38.jpg

models37.jpg

uhh yea i got a prize last friday!
or i guess you could call it that!
i was in the local dive bar for a quick beer
she was a brunette with a killer rack
staggered up to me,it was too easy..
oops...
pm me for more details....:banana:

uhh yea i got a prize last friday!
or i guess you could call it that!
i was in the local dive bar for a quick beer
she was a brunette with a killer rack
staggered up to me,it was too easy..
oops...
pm me for more details....:banana:

You win who cares about this other stuff!:yes:
KID

My grandchilden. All six and the one that is in the oven.

Sorry , dont have any , dont have a show car , just one of them that I get in and drive . Oh well...:black_eye:

I got a t-shirt for showing up at a local dairy bar. :grin:

It's the only show I enter.:)

Well....if we're supposed to toot our own horns.....

In one of the boxes of trophies which are still in boxes instead of on the walls of my office since it still isn't finished.......I have 5 (five) plaques I got with my Challenger at one event. Think it got "Best of" there also. Don't remember.

Thats a pretty prestigious award you got there Steve.
Congrats and it is definitely well deserved :cheers2:

Thats a pretty prestigious award you got there Steve.
Congrats and it is definitely well deserved :cheers2:

Thanks Mike, I thought so. I'm sending an appreciation framing to Mike, I believe he deserves it. The award means a lot to me because of who it came from.

Mine would have to be my Wife. Without her, I wouldn't have my other prize possessions, my kids. I have won lots of trophys for my car, and for shooting, baseball, etc. They are just dust collectors to me now. For some reason, I have finally grown up...somewhat.

Never thought a wife was an award. I was more about awards from the cars we own. Ah well, carry on!

wife?:sFun_doh2:
thats a four letter word in my book!..:clapsarcastic:
i was talkin about a cheap bimbo with a killer rack...:grin:

Yes 63, I kinda read your post wrong. My most prized award would be a most dedicated award I won in baseball.
I still stand by my wife as most prized possesion though.
OHD, I was honored to have my Dad give me the same talk as you. He was surely a good man.

nice awards..

I didnt get any for a mopar...wait I did..the Duster..brought it to a local show just to help bring in people..

most of my awards were from the Chevy/vette fest nationals for my 69 Camaro and the camaro did get in 98 an award from Hotrod Magazine when they did shows..

when I use to fly RC aircraft in competition in the early 80's I won expensive prizes at different competitions...

perhaps when i dont feel burned out and when the 63 Dodge is finished..I'll once again go and compete..

Well I like all my awards... have many 2nd and 3rd places during the cars restoration for "In Progress" class.... but I guess the first show that I entered after completed was the best one so far....

Lou Santiago of Muscle Car TV was there. He rather enjoyed my car and gave me Kudos for it.... I have to admit I had no idea who he was at the time, but i do now... He builds some nice stuff so i was happy to get his compliment and signature.

P1010619.jpg

-RPM

Auto Transport Service
Back