• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What used gun value sites are the better ones to check with?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Or would checking all that I can find be the best thing to do? One of the ones I'm looking at is True Gun Value . com......

www.gunsforsale.com/info/knowledge/what-is-a-gun-worth

good luck

'blue book of gun values', - they come out yearly
guide used to be OK, haven't needed it much of late

lost all mine in a massive boating accident

there's links on Midaway USA too
I think there's links somewhere on Bass Pro too

Last edited:
That's a tough question. Guns are a lot like cars. You can check all the boxes and the numbers might still not be close to accurate. I have several priceless guns in my safe, that aren't worth much according to the experts. I just hope my kids see the value the same way I do.

Also Cabela's. Maybe try and use some local gun stores that will buy in the Houston area Cranky. Just a thought...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Selling is a b#*ch nowadays. If you don't do a private transaction f2f, and unfortunatley there are scant few places to advertise such, you are going to get eaten up by shipping and fees.

Like Ed, I use Gun broker .com.
Unlike the value books / sights. You can see what they sell for.

The question is what are you trying to do?
Buy? Look everywhere. GunBroker, Guns America...
Sell? Don't! Who sells guns? Give or sell to a family member or close friend, avoid paperwork and fees.

Gunbroker.com and Gunsinternational.com are good for checking real prices of used guns actually selling.
Both have a lot less content over the past few years, especially the cool stuff. Brownell's, Sarco, Centerfire systems,
Atlantic firearms are good sources to compare retail prices. Armslist's asking prices are higher than they should be.

Also Cabela's. Maybe try and use some local gun stores that will buy in the Houston area Cranky. Just a thought...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
The question is what are you trying to do?
Buy? Look everywhere. GunBroker, Guns America...
Sell? Don't! Who sells guns? Give or sell to a family member or close friend, avoid paperwork and fees.
A long time friend of mine passed away a few weeks ago and I'm trying to help his widow clean up the mess he left. He was a hoarder but didn't have that many guns. She's keeping two of the hand guns, I want one and probably one of the shot guns. He bought an old double barrel shot gun from me awhile back so that's one of them. Heck, sold it to him for a little of nothing and being a 16ga not sure if it's worth much at all. He wanted it and I handed it to him be in insisted on paying me something. I'm the same way and never felt right about someone just giving me stuff....

A long time friend of mine passed away a few weeks ago and I'm trying to help his widow clean up the mess he left. He was a hoarder but didn't have that many guns. She's keeping two of the hand guns, I want one and probably one of the shot guns. He bought an old double barrel shot gun from me awhile back so that's one of them. Heck, sold it to him for a little of nothing and being a 16ga not sure if it's worth much at all. He wanted it and I handed it to him be in insisted on paying me something. I'm the same way and never felt right about someone just giving me stuff....
16 gauges are really neat shotgun caliber Cranky. I have one... a single shot as more of a nitch collector shotgun as I like it for mid-size game over say a 20 or 12-gauge. If you can get it back, then great. At least then you can appreciate having something other than the standard 12 gauge. cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I need to buy a little 380 or 9 for my daughter. She's getting an apartment in Denver and she needs a purse gun. I gave her a big heavy .45 for home defense. Are you saying gun broker is good for buying used guns?

I need to buy a little 380 or 9 for my daughter. She's getting an apartment in Denver and she needs a purse gun. I gave her a big heavy .45 for home defense. Are you saying gun broker is good for buying used guns?
If you're going to get her a 'purse' gun, I'd recommend a revolver. Most automatics don't like the 'debris' that collects in someone's purse but if you do get an auto, I like Glocks for dirty environments.....

The problem with printed sources is that they are often outdated by the time they are printed. Completed auctions on Gunbroker will probably be a better source.

Auto Transport Service
Back