• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was factory carb on 1978 Monaco 360 4bbl, please?

David Womby

Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
I am curious about what the factory fitted. I think it must have been a Carter but which one? What would be closest to it if I can't get a rebuilt one? Edelbrock 1406?

Thanks for any help.

David

I am curious about what the factory fitted. I think it must have been a Carter but which one? What would be closest to it if I can't get a rebuilt one? Edelbrock 1406?

Thanks for any help.

David
Believe a thermoquad

Believe a thermoquad
Thanks. I think that had a spread bore and my engine now has regular square bore intake. I'll keep thinking but I am not having fun with my Summit 600cfm. Mind you, I haven't got the timing quite right yet and that comes first.

David

#9104 TQ is the correct carb. If unavailable, an Edel 650 AVS2 would be the best choice.

I think the 9104 is a Lean Burn, doesn't have the ported port for the distributor vacuum advance. I know the 9103 doesn't. Find any 72,73,74,75, or any truck TQ, or the electric choke 9800 series. The TQ wil out perform any Edelbrock in my opinion.

Lemon,
I agree! But finding a TQ in good condition & getting it running can be daunting for those not aquainted with the TQ. So next best is the Edel carb which comes with comprehensive tuning instructions....

I would never buy a TQ from a rebuilder place. They pull them apart and rarely get the top, middle, and bottom from the same carb back together. Those sections have so many different part numbers. A lot of the sections are not interchangeable.

Auto Transport Service
Back