• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the first movie you ever saw . . .

I don't remember. It was most likely either Hey There, It's Yogi Bear or Bambi. Either way, it was almost 60 years ago.

"The Parent Trap" in 1961. Loved the Thunderbird the dad drove (even if it wasn't a Mopar), and drove myself crazy trying to figure out the trick photography after my mom told me that Hayley Mills played both the twins.

Paint Your Wagon. Still one of my most favorite flicks. I watch it at least once a year since then.

Chuck (snook)

My mom and I went to see Urban Cowboy and it was so crowded we sat in the aisle but only for a bit as the projector bulb burned out and they offered refunds or merge to another movie.

at the drive in...Herbie the love bug, it was part of a double feature...I cant remember the 2nd one ..must have fell asleep

Jaws when I was 10 - My cousin took me
Didnt realize that came out in 1975

Never forget that head rolling out of the sunken boat and both of us flying off our seats

Sneeking into Halloween thru the side doors
I forgot

The neighbor kids Dad loaded up all of us one night , and we headed to Death Race 2000 at the drive inn

We left faster then we came in during some Nudy scene from what I remember

Exciting times I guess back in 1975

I've got a great memory. It's just an inch long.
Since we kids went with our parents to the
drive in, we were more interested in the
candy, sodas, and popcorn, than watching
a movie our parents wanted to see.
I do remember my dad moving the car a
few times to find a speaker that worked.
Circa 1960's.

Last edited:
When we're you in Albuquerque?
Both my kids were born there.
We left in 1988.
Very young. I was 8 or 9 and my father was stationed there. Probably the late 60's.

I went to the Movie theater at 6 with my sister, and we watched Bambi 56? And also shortly after Ol' Yeller (Cried when Travis had to put him down)

My earliest movie theater memory is the Marx Brothers. I don't remember which movie, though. It would have been some time in the '60s.

Auto Transport Service
Back