• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was your first Mopar and do you still own any of it?

My first was a 68 SuperBee in B5 with a bench, bought it in '71. Came with 4 speed on the floor and a brand new clutch behind a 383 magnum. I added headers, Mallory dist, Holly Carb on top of an Eddy and 11" Remington's on the back with 5 spoke chrome mags. I got a REAL education with and in that car. My Bee was the first muscle car for me, the girls loved it and the other guys grew to hate it...what a perfect relationship. Spent most of my time racing the streets but got her on the track a couple times for time slips and actually broke into the 12's once. just what every 17 year old needs! Don't have anything but memories of that car, any and all pictures were destroyed in a house fire. Even the girl who talked me into selling her are gone...the car always meant more to be than her, what an idiot I was!

Sister and Brother brought home a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T in 1979 for $700, they shared the car until my Brother got sick of my Sister and gave her the car, she got married and had kids and gave the car to me for my 16th Birthday! Still have the car and have started work on the car after almost 30 years of sitting.

My first Mopar was a 64 Ply Valiant, Slant 6, 4 spd, 4 door. P.O. put in the 4 spd after he owned it. I bought the car in 73, sold it in 74 and bot a 64 Sport Fury, 361, 4 spd car. Had the Sun Tack in the Console. It was a great car. Sold it in 76 on a trade in. :-(.

My first was a 71 Charger w/ wore out 318 in 1987. Still have the keys...rest gone to
scrap in '89

Dodge 1972047.jpg
Had this car since 1971, original matching numbers

My first experience was when I was about 5. My great grandfather had a 71 valiant and a 76 cordoba. Then my dad bought a 69 bee for $700. He sold it in 1993 for $1500 to a guy who owns about 100 old mopars. About 6 years ago I tried to buy it back from the guy he sold it to and he politely said no. after asking him 2 more years if he would sell it to me and after him saying I won't sell it because it's the only 69 factory 4 speed bee I have I decided to go find another one. So in April of 2012 I found a 70 Roadrunner who I named J.R. For those that remember J.R. Ewing from the tv show Dallas. Pictures below are from the day I bought him to how he looks today. Not numbers matching so I added a little new to the old.

photo 4.jpgjr remix 2.jpgView attachment rr3.jpgView attachment 292958View attachment 292959

Sweet ride!

My first experience was when I was about 5. My great grandfather had a 71 valiant and a 76 cordoba. Then my dad bought a 69 bee for $700. He sold it in 1993 for $1500 to a guy who owns about 100 old mopars. About 6 years ago I tried to buy it back from the guy he sold it to and he politely said no. after asking him 2 more years if he would sell it to me and after him saying I won't sell it because it's the only 69 factory 4 speed bee I have I decided to go find another one. So in April of 2012 I found a 70 Roadrunner who I named J.R. For those that remember J.R. Ewing from the tv show Dallas. Pictures below are from the day I bought him to how he looks today. Not numbers matching so I added a little new to the old.

View attachment 292955View attachment 292956View attachment 292957View attachment 292958View attachment 292959

I lost my Mopar virginity to a 1974 Dodge Charger SE. 400, console automatic, power windows, cruise control. It originally was a northern U. S. car and I owned it in the 80s. So with all the rust I imagine it has been recycled into a Prius by now.

I bought my first Mopar 50 years ago for $50 and it was a 51 Desoto with a 250 cubic inch flathead. That motor is still in my 48 Plymouth coupe that I bought 48 years ago and that car towed my Chrysler powered Willys to many races which won more than 60 trophies. I still have the trophies and the Willys as I raced it. Last time down the track was nov. 1968. I still have the tow bar also.

I bought my '63 Fury 33 years ago, before I had a license, for $50.00 also.

(NOT THE ONE IN MY AVATAR)

She is in my back yard virtually in the same condition as when I bought her.

She still runs strong and when there is fluid in the transmission, it works fine too.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back