• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you do or say?

Modified the view from the front door....

20231006_175012.jpg

Post a sign out further that reads “Trespassers will be shot, and survivors will be shot again”.

I would tell him to JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE GASOLINE AND I WILL SPARE YOUR LIFE

IMG_7351.jpeg

He was eyeing up your van for a long time.

He clearly didn't want his mug to be recorded on home surveillance.

Doesn't look the type to wear a scarf like that. To hide tattoos?

Gumboots are an odd choice of footwear when not wet or rural. Possibly to hide his tinfoiled ankle bracelet because there would be no hiding it in those jeans.

I have no idea of his intention but pretty sure it wasn't to borrow petrol. Good you put it on YouTube. Someone will know him.

Roll on election day.

20231006_200822.jpg

20231006_201213.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this took place in the middle of the day??
Full moon rising ! lol
It happened at 11:50am ...then he rolls past at 2:43pm

Weirdo.

Police report filed...I made sure they got a picture showing his ***-crack, and also the full frontal looking at the camera.

I'd print and laminate posters of him as a warning to others and stick them on every lamp post on your street.

Too bad if he really did just wanted petrol but it would serve him right for wearing those pants. That alone should be a crime. Lol.

I would have done exactly what you did, but I wouldn't bother with a police report: When I lived in the city, if you tried to file a police report on someone who rang your doorbell asking for gas, the police would be irritated and tell you to stop wasting their time.

... and that's why I now live in country. There just aren't many creeps out here.
Just as likely, the bad guys out here in the country know the good guys are a good bet to be armed, too.
A clue to that would be as I have here - a full-blown target range in the side yard. :thumbsup:

I'd print and laminate posters of him as a warning to others and stick them on every lamp post on your street.

Too bad if he really did just wanted petrol but it would serve him right for wearing those pants. That alone should be a crime. Lol.
My sister is pretty active on FB with the Eastern Suburbs Grapevine......they always come through. :lol:

Earlier this summer the wife and I were watching tv about 10pm. We were startled by a knock on our patio door. It was a 30 something woman, she had hit 3 coon and was worried she may have damaged her car.

Didn’t anyone care about the man (or woman) that she hit?

the past few years have seen an uptick in this sort of thing........ I have an entire thread about my house getting "overhauled", yet last week we get two guys knocking on the door, one holding a clipcoard; wife said they touched the doorknob to see if it was locked. I was out in the shop with Rebel. She called the police, they caught up with them suposedly door to door selling siding; to a freshly painted house? WTF

she ordered these

IMG_20231006_094058697.jpg

I would have told him the same thing, Rog. This does not smell kosher.

1696602221332.png

You played it right, Kiwi. I've helped others, and been helped but you have to "read the room" as they say...some people have no 'street smarts' and they're usually the ones that end up being victims.
He'd probably seen your work van, hot rods...a good target if you were a naive and well-meaning citizen.
And those pants? And what the hell's up with that scarf?? He might have been looking for more than gas there, studmuffin!:eek:

I had a similar incident last year @kiwigtx when a young man walked up my driveway with camo fatigues, 2 spray bottles hanging on his belt and a day pack stuffed as full as could be, asking if he could clean my windows. No ladder, no squeegee, no trays or totes. And no car. The direction he came from, the next house down is a half mile away. I asked him, where is your car? No answer. I asked again. No answer. I know enough about homelessness to understand the significance of the pack. It's where everything is that you own that you can't let out of your sight. I read him the riot act about country folk being armed and looking out for each other and your obviously casing houses for 'other purposes' or you'd be in a neighborhood where you can go to 100 houses in 10 minutes, not 10 houses in 100 minutes, etc. etc. etc. I watched him walk up the street then turn the corner towards a buddy's house with his unfenced equipment yard full of gear. I knew my buddy was in Arizona, so I jumped in my car and followed the guy up the road with a fenced cow field on his right and my car slightly behind him on the left, yakking in his ear the whole way. He was pinned with no place to go, couldn't see me without turning his head, and was very uncomfortable. I pointed out each house as we passed saying 'that's my friend', 'that's my friend too'. Then I passed him and parked dead center in my buddy's yard while he walked past as fast as he could hoof. My buddy saw me on his Ring video, recognized my car, called me from Arizona, and I gave him the scoop. I felt kind of bad as the guy was reasonably clean and well dressed and he maintained his composure in spite of my harassment, but I couldn't reconcile the fact that he was walking on a country road with few houses trying to 'find work'. It didn't help that he was black and I'm white because it gave the situation a racial undertone that didn't exist for me, but he thought was a reason for my response which he expressed to me several times. Part of my response to him was my reaction to the widespread homelessness in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area that the local authorities seem to be powerless to stop. That means we police our own neighborhoods and I take that very seriously. There will be no camps in my 'hood! I would have done the same as you in that situation.

I may have posted this before, I can’t remember. Anyway…
Last spring at about 0700PM wife and I are just finishing supper. It’s pitch black outside, and minus twenty.
There’s a knock at the back door.
I open it to find our two well known female crackheads and ‘ner do wells standing there. Both in running shoes, one isn’t even wearing a coat. I’m in the far north, remember. They are obviously checking the house out.
”Hey mister, do you need your deck shovelled?” I know why they are there, but what the hell.
”If you shovel my deck off I will pay you real money to do it.” I say.
They worked hard for about an hour. Did a fantastic job, shovelled my large deck right down to the wood, every flake of snow off, even chipped the ice off the steps. Perfect job. I gave them forty bucks cash and they scurried off to their dealers place.
If they put half that much effort into doing a legit job they would do well. But crack changes everything.

I may have posted this before, I can’t remember. Anyway…
Last spring at about 0700PM wife and I are just finishing supper. It’s pitch black outside, and minus twenty.
There’s a knock at the back door.
I open it to find our two well known female crackheads and ‘ner do wells standing there. Both in running shoes, one isn’t even wearing a coat. I’m in the far north, remember. They are obviously checking the house out.
”Hey mister, do you need your deck shovelled?” I know why they are there, but what the hell.
”If you shovel my deck off I will pay you real money to do it.” I say.
They worked hard for about an hour. Did a fantastic job, shovelled my large deck right down to the wood, every flake of snow off, even chipped the ice off the steps. Perfect job. I gave them forty bucks cash and they scurried off to their dealers place.
If they put half that much effort into doing a legit job they would do well. But crack changes everything.
At least they did that job to a good standard. True, if they could apply themselves at a real job every day, their problems would be partly solved. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back