• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you do or say?

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
This guy sauntered down my driveway just over an hour ago and asks to 'borrow some gas'.

Weird I thought immediately....OK so he ran out. There's no sign or hint of offering to pay for anything, no gas can, he just wants me to give my gas over????

I was actually in the middle of an important phone call to a supplier at the time, I put him on stand-by, and told the guy NO. I don't have any spare gas at all. I lied....I have around 80 litres (not sure how many washing machines that is right now) ... but no way was I going to open up my garage and let a stranger wander around and see inside.

There are too many incidents of creepy people wandering around and scoping out properties for a visit later on. I would rather be known as a 'tight-***' than a victim of another crime.
I filed a police report on the phone and will upload pictures shortly. If he's innocent, there's nothing to worry about. Vigilance beats filling out an Insurance Claim any day.

What would you have done?

IMHO he should have worn his own trousers, and not his little sister's ones. :p

Ya could’ve tossed some gas and a lit match. Just saying!!

All kinds of warning bells going off in my head watching that....
Head intentionally down, bill of cap pulled down to conceal, body language all wrong.
Different part of the world here, but since you asked:
He'd have likely not come up the road to begin with, but had he anyways, he'd have
been met by the wrong end of my shottie with double-ought loaded - away from the house.

Wears his jeans inside his boots.

download (7).jpeg

Today is the 6th of October 6/10/23
Did you notice if he went to any other houses or just your home?
Yep creepy to say the least

I'm more trusting than I should be. I would have offered to drive to his car with a gas jug in my truck.
I'd have to be there though. It is easier to judge a person when face to face.

Earlier this summer the wife and I were watching tv about 10pm. We were startled by a knock on our patio door. It was a 30 something woman, she had hit 3 coon and was worried she may have damaged her car. So I went out and looked at it seeing no damage, but I did notice her rear tires were worn. I mentioned that to her. So she asked for my phone number in case she had issues. I thought it was odd, but 4 days later she texted me thanking me for my kindness and telling me she made it back to Indiana and she has new tires ordered. She called me Iowa nice.

I've helped more folks than I care to mention in this life - but the vibes coming off that dude damn
near screamed through the video, I swear.
Nope. No way.

So I went to the two local gas stations and showed pictures of him and asked if he had been in to buy or borrow a gas bottle and buy some gas in the previous couple of hours.

No from both Stations....although the girl making coffees at the BP recognised him from a few days ago.

So, there you go, he lied about needing to know where the closest gas station was. Either he is a stranger to the area and arrived in the trunk of a car blindfolded, or he is a big fat liar.

The plot thickens......I was out at the Post Office sending Michael's package away (later than I hoped due to the number of idiots in my face today) and my son said he saw a guy walk past that looked kinda similar. I checked, and it is the same guy - this time with his hat off, but carrying a large bag over his shoulder.

I'm filling out the police report shortly - this all smells like dog doo-doos.

Either that, or it is Day-release at the local Funny Farm.

1696558950248.png

Auto Transport Service
Back