• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you order ?

Hello there 696pack, The 68 R/T was the hemi car that came from Mr Norms Grand Spaulding and no it was not stock. There was nothing that left Mr Norms that was stock. I am sure you remember Mr Norms if you grew up here for the first 30 years as you mentioned. The 440 was just easier to drive in the winter than the hemi was. The 440 ran better when it was 0 outside than the hemi did.

Hey Darryl, you forgot the two-speed rear end...
:grin:
Ray

No, I think I would have opted for the six speed trans instead, then I could have raced the same car in NASCAR, NHRA and driven it to work also.:rolling:

Hello there 696pack, The 68 R/T was the hemi car that came from Mr Norms Grand Spaulding and no it was not stock. There was nothing that left Mr Norms that was stock. I am sure you remember Mr Norms if you grew up here for the first 30 years as you mentioned. The 440 was just easier to drive in the winter than the hemi was. The 440 ran better when it was 0 outside than the hemi did.

I spent a few weekends at Mrs Norms in 69-70 checking out his inventory. Everything that left the dealership got the GS "dyno tune" (had to pay for that dyno somehow) at a manditory extra cost. It amounted to a distributor recurve and carb tweaking. He was the number one advertiser on WLS AM for several years.

Auto Transport Service
Back