• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale **Not Mine** 1970 Dodge Superbee

wasco

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
What are your collective thoughts on this titled car for 15k (firm). Dana 60 included but if you did the body and paint yourself, how much would someone expect to spend on all the rare options to restore this car? It would be amazing restored - and should be - but without the original drivetrain…..

440 six pack, 18 spline 4 speed, Hemi Orange, air grabber, Dana 60

1970 Dodge Superbee

IMG_9416.jpeg

What are your collective thoughts on this titled car for 15k (firm). Dana 60 included but if you did the body and paint yourself, how much would someone expect to spend on all the rare options to restore this car? It would be amazing restored - and should be - but without the original drivetrain…..

440 six pack, 18 spline 4 speed, Hemi Orange, air grabber, Dana 60

1970 Dodge Superbee

View attachment 1597505

I have done 3 of those, reconstruct and paint only....... if the hood, fenders, and deck lid need the same amount of love; you're looking at 700-1000 hours of labor for body and paint if done efficiently...... even replaced a roof on one of them

440green.jpg
440purple.jpg
440yellow.jpg

5.jpg

Spend a minimum of 100K and it'll be worth $65K when your done... But hey. it's a rare car & a cool combo...

Let's put it this way; if there was money to be made after the restoration was completed, the guy wouldn't be selling it now.

without the drive train........ and having to piece almost everything else together; it's not worth very much above scrap in my opinion

I just posted this in another thread....."that solid 72 GTX at 26K looks better and better"

Last edited:
Good options, I like this one better than the $40k basketcase. No way around it this will cost more to restore than finished value but I wouldn't expect him to sell it for $5k either. Even at $5k you'll be upside down so buy it for $15k and do it for the love of the car is the only answer I think.

Auto Transport Service
Back