• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

Thanks. A guy has to do something in retirement. I can’t imagine an easier way to enjoy spending my kid’s inheritance.

69 Coronet RT. I helped a buddy strip the car when we were 19 or 20 years old which would have been over 40 years ago. It was the common place in the small town Alberta to go drink a beer remove a few bolts and tell a few stories. Of course he moved away and left it in his dads garage. After a few years his father passed away and he had to clean out the garage. All the parts ended up in his basement in Nanaimo BC and the car body went to another buddies place and sat in the bush. My wife and I made a trip from Alberta to visit some relatives on Vancouver Island and I looked my buddy up. Had not seen him in 20+ years. I asked whatever came off the car and he said it was still sitting at our buddies place and all the parts were downstairs. After a week or so back at home I started thinking about doing a project as I had recently retired. I called him up and asked if he would sell the car. He said his wife was kind of anxious to get the basement cleaned out. We made a deal. The only thing missing were seats , engine and a few miscellaneous parts. There had been some kids do a number on the roof and windshield but it is coming back to life as my driver. It has a long ways to go but moving along. Will be 440 six pac. Efi original 4 sp with Dana60. It will have a QA1 tube k member with coil overs and rack and pinion steering as I have never done this before it has been a challenge but coming along.

View attachment 1451923

View attachment 1451924

View attachment 1451925

View attachment 1451926

View attachment 1451927

View attachment 1451928

View attachment 1451929
I am really glad you rescued this car! Another one that will NOT go on the scrap heap!!!

Thanks. I agree It is terrible to see these gems getting crushed. It is getting almost unaffordable to repair some of the bad ones but it is great to see everyone of them that get saved and put back on the road.

It’s not a B body, but I’m helping my son with his new project. We have long had our eye on this truck, sitting all forlorn since the original owner passed away. Got the call about a month ago that the daughter would like Ian to have it. We’re heading out to change the fuel pump after dinner, then put the tank back in. Tune up on the way, and new master cylinder, and he should be on his way. It came with a new pair of doors, still in their boxes, and a new chrome step bumper for the rear, so the doors will be painted and installed as well as the bumper. Also procured is a set of vector wheels to be refreshed and out on. Should be a nice truck for the lad, he’s ready and anxious to dump his high school jalopy and get to truckin!

3CF4CD72-4FCA-43A2-A302-EA4754455B24.jpeg

Friend of mine did 5 speed TKX package conversion by SST a few weeks ago for me. I just finished up new console install tonight. Old burrell woodgrain auto console and new chrome manual console. Makes the hemi really sing.
IMG_0751.png
IMG_4589.jpeg
IMG_4588.jpeg
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4595.jpeg

Last edited:
Installing 2 post lift plus just moved charger into its new quarters. The main reason I build this garage.
59875F83-7C4C-438D-B63E-56AB1B479061.jpeg
8BBC83AA-5151-454F-B6C1-7A6781020A2F.jpeg
EF8A7D07-50B0-4958-A65C-1E0F76891374.jpeg
B6D71B05-5738-46ED-9E12-688CB61B6ECF.jpeg

Those look great.. i wanna get my bumpers redone but man.. the price is just too nuts

Those look great.. i wanna get my bumpers redone but man.. the price is just too nuts
Yes, bumpers are very expensive because of the size. I did everything at home, but the coating myself. It was done in the store, but also by me.

Here are a few pictures of the bumpers. We did not make these ourselves, as our tanks are too small.

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back