• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best high temp paint for HP exhaust Manifolds?

62maxx

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Good morning,

What is the best high temp spray paint and color for HP manifolds?

Thanks!

I had my hp manifolds coated by jet hot (silver) a little more expensive, but worth it.

I agree with the jet hot coating likley outlasting any paint. If you want a spray paint I like the Seymour high temp cast blast.

POR 15 Cast Grey. It cures when engine comes to operating temperature. I usually do two coats to make sure I haven't missed anything. I have a 20 plus year old restoration that looks as good as when applied and cured.
20220713_154159.jpg

I know the manifolds aren't very well seen, but they do show.

+1 for Seymour high temp cast blast!

I used VHT's exhaust manifold paint in "cast gray" (as shown in my Bee restoration thread), baked them in the oven and then in front of my wood stove before install. 4+ years and over 3000 miles and they still look great... I'll grab a shot when I go back out to the shop to add here..

Another vote for POR15 Manifold Grey.

Prep is the key. Clean very well before application. 6 years they look exactly like the day I coated them.

Macdon221

I didn't bother spraying my exhhaust manifolds, as I had no luck with earlier attempts.

I had them coated with HPC - High Performance Coatings - basically a high temp powder coat - baked....and they look almost like they did when they were coated 20 years ago. Pro is the way to go - whatever the system.

I am sure that @CudaChick1968 could set you straight on a decent finish.....she is the Mistress of Powder ****. :thumbsup:

I have used Eastwood on three sets and no issues.

I used VHT's exhaust manifold paint in "cast gray" (as shown in my Bee restoration thread), baked them in the oven and then in front of my wood stove before install. 4+ years and over 3000 miles and they still look great... I'll grab a shot when I go back out to the shop to add here..
20221002_150100.jpg
20221002_150127.jpg

I have also had good luck with Eastwood manifold paint.

I used VHT Cast Iron header paint. Baked them on the bar-b-q for 1/2 hour at 250 degrees, and then another 1/2 hour at 400 degrees.

P9100142.JPG

P9100143.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back