• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats the difference in 1970 coronet and charger side markers?

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Ok please tell me,I know they are both 1 year only and I seen someone posted that they are different. I think they are the same. 1st pic coroner 2nd charger
s-l1600.jpg
1970_dodge_charger-rt_IMG_5526-1-2.jpg

Not the same....70 charger side markers are deeper.....edge of lens to edge of bezel is noticeably different. There may also be a slight difference on front marker stud spacing.

Not the same....70 charger side markers are deeper.....edge of lens to edge of bezel is noticeably different. There may also be a slight difference on front marker stud spacing.
.. and a different retainer bracket to match that stud distance.

They look the same shape though.

All I can say is in 1969 they were smoking some good **** when they were developing 1970 one year only cars. Been looking and they get bought before I can reply:BangHead:

All I can say is in 1969 they were smoking some good **** when they were developing 1970 one year only cars. Been looking and they get bought before I can reply:BangHead:
There was a strike which hindered the rollout of the newly-designed platforms, which on the b-body was an extended e-body. They basically made some minor design changes to the existing b-body for 1970. The fuselage style for 1971 had been planned for a 1970 rollout.

There was a strike which hindered the rollout of the newly-designed platforms, which on the b-body was an extended e-body. They basically made some minor design changes to the existing b-body for 1970. The fuselage style for 1971 had been planned for a 1970 rollout.

I always thought of the E body as a shortened B body. When I bought my ‘Cuda, I only had a C body ‘69 Newport 2 door HT.

I always thought of the E body as a shortened B body. When I bought my ‘Cuda, I only had a C body ‘69 Newport 2 door HT.
You could regard them either way. But the e-body was introduced in 1970, they held back the b-body redesign until 1971.

Auto Transport Service
Back