• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the fastest you have drove your car?

Perhaps someday the rest of the folks will "get it" that it's not what your hands are doing...

...it what your mind is doing.
I have a blue tooth for my cell and talking with that is WAY better than holding the phone to my ear. It lets me turn my head to keep an eye on traffic without having to think about keeping the phone stuck to the side of my ***. For me, it's a huge distraction but with the blue tooth, it's more like talking to someone that's in the car with me. Yeah, even having someone in the car talking is a distraction tot just like having the stereo on or listening to some moron on the radio is a distraction but for some reason, my straight pipe doesn't distract me.....and other people KNOW when I'm close to them :D

This would this be a good thread to sell my radar detector? :rofl:
I have an old Cincinnati Microwave Passport from the mid 80's that still resides in my diesel and often wonder why it hasn't found a road side trash can yet lol Used it not too long ago and was surprised how many of the old radar units are still being used by these local hick towns around here....

I still have my old Fuzzbuster that used to sing alot in the late seventies.
I met a state trooper once that asked me about it and if it helped me. I said it did pay for itself several times.
He laughed and said -He didn't use his radar much cause he liked the chase (speed check) as being a more sporting a way to pull me over (for example). :)

Got the 73' Charger up to 120 ( pegged ) back in high school with a 318 4 barrel and 2.76 gears, long time ago......

Got the 73' Charger up to 120 ( pegged ) back in high school with a 318 4 barrel and 2.76 gears, long time ago......
I know those cars are fairly aero.....a buddy of mine used to peg his quite often with a teen for power.

I went 40 in reverse in my ‘87 Lebaron. It got scary when it stareted swinging left and right...

Just turn the wheel all the way to the lock and voila-

Backwards donuts.

SUPER FUN and you get to levitate off the seat.

...and once the wheel is at the lock, caster will keep it there and you can take your hands off.

So much fun you'll likely need to stop the car so you can stop laughing, but you'll likely do more.

I used to ritually do it at the 100,000 mile mark on any car.

* FWD excluded

lets see.... 209 mph while racing. did a run,just outside of vegas,many years ago. ran 12 miles in a 68 charger built for road racing at an average speed of 156. not sure what it topped out at, you dont look at gauges at that speed. also got ticketed for 152 in a 35 in cali many many years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back