• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the fastest you have drove your car?

erickson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
This was last year in my Hellcat. one and only time.

IMG_2911.JPG

Hit 167 in my srt Charger once, these late model hemis pull hard well past 100

Yup my srt magnum I had did 165 little sketchy in a wagon lol

The fastest I HAVE DRIVEN in the 66 Satty is 90 mph. Still pullin'!

phucking phast, in my dad's 70 sport fury 383, racing some dude up rt 41, a long time ago. 90+ (that was dumb)
really phucking phast, in my new to me 68 charger 440. just got her the day before. on a wide 4 lane rt 14 just north of devon. opened her up as i approached the devon light, alleged hi rate of speed thru the intersection. next light is at least 1.25 miles, forest preserve on one side. late at night. i was the only car out there. saw the lights waaaaaay behind me. pulled over, sat on the trunk waiting for the law. only got a 11 over ticket. she was over 95
phast, in the 'vert on I80, 90ish for a short burst, last summer

Last edited:
About 140 in my Challenger RT about 40 years ago. These days in New Jersey, I can almost get up to the posted speed limit occasionally! LOL

Nice. The Coronet gets weird over about 121. I sensed that it started to lift. I slowed down, but it was still pulling. 119 feels good. Still confident. It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.

Nice. The Coronet gets weird over about 121. I sensed that it started to lift. I slowed down, but it was still pulling. 119 feels good. Still confident. It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.
then............. 115 is the target, next time i head out to the morris auto show

My 67 R/T has a 150 speedo. Seen it at 140 + twice in the 40 years I have owned it. Don't know how accurate it is, but plenty scary fast enough for me....

146 indicated on the 150mph speedo with the stock 383,3.23 gears in 1969.

May 2016, 135-140 on a local Expressway, cleaning out the winter cob-webs,on the way home from storage. Sunday morning, no traffic, and it had more to go. 1970 Challenger R/T SE, 383, 4-spd, 3:23's...

100_2055.JPG

150 calculated (by a good tac.) in my 68 hemi RR.--Never again--that is NOT an areo car.:eek:

165 in my Hellcat felt like 90. A nice cruising speed :)

I hit 5,500 rpm in my 69 Barracuda with a 2.76 rear end, 14" wheels with 205/60 tires from memory. I thought it calculated out at 148 mph, but happy to be proven wrong. The speedo only read to 120 mph. This was a lowly 318 car, with an Edelbrock Performer Cam and Intake, 600 Holley, headers, flex fan, windage tray etc. It was pretty fast for such a mild motor.

When I had my 67 GTO back in the 70's racing another GTO one night I never realized how fast I was going until a car pulled out in front of us. I glanced at the speedo and it was buried before hitting the brakes..

All I can say.. is I Lost my Licence for 2 years via the good old aircraft patrol.. and a few Cars blocking the highway as I approached.. it was a expensive lesson learned.. I just bought a 73 Pantera prior to that time.. sold it soon after..

165 in my 12 corvette with supercharger, cam, and meth injection. 671 rwhp. This was on a closed runway for a 1/2 mile event in Ocala, FL. Still pulling REALLY hard. I would NEVER do that on a public road. I have way too much to lose!

165 in my 12 corvette with supercharger, cam, and meth injection. 671 rwhp. This was on a closed runway for a 1/2 mile event in Ocala, FL. Still pulling REALLY hard. I would NEVER do that on a public road. I have way too much to lose!

Glad to hear you knew when to get on the brakes --being on a runway. There are many roads that would be good for run testing but those pesky folks that are going somewhere tend to use them too and at the damndest times.:steering::thankyou:

Auto Transport Service
Back