• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Worse: Dull Drill Bits or Dull Mind?

Ya should have drilled it from the other side then. lol Since I've heard toilets flush in the opposite direction south of the equator, wonder if you're supposed to drill in the opposite rotation too? Sorry - bad humor day for me (my wife will tell you that's most days).
^^^^ This is why I come here. To absorb the knowledge....it would took me a whole day to figure that out...

I use to be pretty good at sharpening drill bits, can't see well enough for stuff under 1/4" anymore.... Well if I squint... But the Drill Dr is easier...
Yeah - I learned how to do this from my old boss a T&D guy. We had a long standing order to drill out 1/8" holes and tap the ends of the slide rods for microfilm projectors! Remember those? Did they have a glorious but short life. lol Thousands of those rods for a company call Micro-Design. We would go through a lot of bits and I'd have to sharpen them on a bench grinder. There was a trick to it, I've lost some of my touch for this as I still sharpen my bits. Needed a good eye to watch the spark trail and steady fingers. Gift I lost some with age.

Later on when I became foreman of the area, I had to train our part time employees (HS kids and housewives) we had doing this drilling/tapping work...a few had a hard time getting the hang of drilling feed and lubrication. It was good experience as I reflect back on it setting up the machines, checking tolerances, training and such. Maybe just being sentimental as most of those people I had a lot of fun working with have passed.

Even when I picked up my first drill 65 years ago I knew which way the bits turned. Just natural mechanical ability I guess. But other things...

Comments regarding the video claim the presenter is trying to drill a hole in reverse (I can't tell which way the bit is spinning).

Auto Transport Service
Back