• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel stud questions.....

Bart K

69 Coronet more door.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
My car is a 69 Coronet 4 door sedan, it has some left hand and some right hand wheel studs on the left side of the car. I am just wondering if you all keep the left hand option or if you need to replace any that you go with right hand thread. Also, does anyone know the Dorman part# or the size for the studs (left hand) that would fit my 60 Coronet with 10" drums?

I kept left hand on the left side, years back I replaced the rotors and they came with rh studs, I pounded them out and pounded my old ones in.
I like it that way!

I kind of feel the same way. This is one of the things that makes these old Mopars different and special. However, you need to make sure to tell any tire shop you take your car to about this feature. I had one shop break 2 studs trying to "break free" a couple of lugnuts before they figured out that they were left hand threaded.....of course they never admitted that.

Anyone Have a Dorman part # or a size for the studs that fit my car?

Here is some new info that may help you help me. I am looking for 5 left hand wheel studs for the front 1/2x20 .625 knurl and 1 5/8 in. in length and 5 left hand thread wheel studs for the rear 1/2x20 .673 knurl and 1 19/32in. in length. Anyone know where I can get these? I have been all over the net and if I find left hand studs, they are the wrong size, and everything that is the right size is right hand thread.

I appreciate the lead Photon, but that link is for: Dorman 610-103 Rear Right Hand Thread Wheel Stud

I am trying to find left hand for the left side of the car. I am going to replace drums, so I was planning to go back with all new studs. I kind of wanted to go with what was original, but it is looking like I may have to go with right hand....I'll keep looking, but I need to make a decision soon.

So far I have tried Merle's (local mom and pop) and Autozone plus the entire internet. I even went to the Dorman site and could not find anything there. Will try Napa on Monday, good suggestion. I have found that they have had parts when no one else did.

I appreciate the lead Photon, but that link is for: Dorman 610-103 Rear Right Hand Thread Wheel Stud

Sorry about that, I was looking at so many listings I must have mixed them up. :(

Seems the LH studs went out of production around 2008 for the Mopar sizes.

That is the conclusion I was coming to the hard way. That really sucks, but I guess I can understand it Thanks for the info Photon!

60runner, were you saying that the link did not work for you? I clicked on it directly from the forum message and it took me to the site. Maybe a browser issue or security setting?

No, my mistake. Sorry. I posted an old link that used to work for me, but it was dead. Then could not delete... Jim S. nailed it. The supply is definitely drying up.

I went through this a while back. No longer made and nos ones are expensive. I removed the remaining lefties and put in rightys.

For now I am going with righties, but at some point I am going to try and get some lefties and put it back the way it should be! Long live MOPAR!!!

I'm very sentimental about lefties.

It's sound engineering and is one of those things that adds character to our cars.

That said, be sure you tell the service manager AND they guy that actually walks up to your car with the impact wrench that they are righty-loosey. For some reason that info tends not to get passed along or simply doesn't register because of habit.

I made business card sized magnets in eye catching colors with that info that I put near the wheels if I ever have to take it somewhere.

That is an excellent idea YY1! I will keep that in mind when I get my hands on the lefties!

Auto Transport Service
Back