• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When it's not your time...

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Just found out that my wife's cousin's husband crashed his plane last night with their 13 year old daughter who has Downs Syndrome. She is trying to find out how they are doing. From what we know both have many broken bones. Took 7hrs to find them and get them out of the woods. They were found by the pings off a cell phone and an I-Pad. When it's not your time it's NOT your time. Truly a miracle that both have survived...

Father, 58, and his 13-year-old daughter survive small plane crash in Pennsylvania | Daily Mail Online

Luckily they survived the crash! Hope for a full recovery. 440'

Incredible ! They are very lucky to be alive. With their injuries and the temps, it could have turned out much worse.

God bless them and Thank God they are alive and found.. Keep us posted and let hope and pray for full recoveries.

I hope everything turns out ok. I think I would thank GOD and stay on the ground for a long while.

Crashed after a rapid descent.....after reading that story makes me believe God's work isn't done. Prayer for quick healing.

A good outcome. Glad they had the electronics to ping off to find them. Why I don't go anywhere these days without my SPOT turned on and left on, even when the Wife knows I'm only going to a back lake a mile from our dock. Leaves a breadcrumb every 10 minutes and I have three message buttons to chose including SOS.

for once having a cell phone, was a good thing

Glad they found them, alive but battered
hopefully they all make a full recovery

someone must have been looking out for them

That's the AVP airport (Wilkes-barre/Scranton) about 30 miles from my place. Saw that on our local news saying they had pre- hypothermia but basically Ok.
I dropped off a visitor at that airport earlier in the day.
Hope they continue to recover.

That's the AVP airport (Wilkes-barre/Scranton) about 30 miles from my place. Saw that on our local news saying they had pre- hypothermia but basically Ok.
I dropped off a visitor at that airport earlier in the day.
Hope they continue to recover.

Found out from their other daughter the 13 year old daughter is not in great shape... Here is an update from her describing it till now:

On Sunday, November 14, 2021, Chris and Angela left for another flight in a Cessna 150 airplane around 4:30pm. Chris was using an iPad for his flight program, and was using a transponder to maintain communication of their flight status with the local air traffic control tower. They typically return home around 7:30pm, but Sharon became worried when 8:30pm and then 9:00pm arrived and she had not heard from Chris. She tried calling, but with no answer. She drove to the airport to find Chris’s truck still parked there, covered with a half inch of snow, and no plane in sight. It was then she knew something was terribly wrong. She called 911, and the dispatcher was able to connect with the air traffic controller, who had noticed that Chris’s plane had previously dropped off the radar. They were able to trace the transponder’s path, determine the approximate trajectory of the plane, and conclude that it had crashed in state forest lands in a heavily wooded area. Chris does not remember the crash, but the plane was found in the forest. It had been piloted between two trees, removing the wings from the plane but allowing the passenger compartment to remain intact. Chris likely suffered a concussion, but he and Angela were able to extricate themselves from the cockpit. Chris’s phone was lost in the wreckage, but the iPad used for the flight program was with them. They were ultimately found approximately 1 mile away from the crash site, with the assistance of the US Air Force search and rescue operation, who was able to ping the iPad from a local tower and determine their location. Chris and Angela were found at the intersection of two trails, huddled together for warmth, as the temperature had decreased to 37 degrees Fahrenheit, and they were described by rescuers as “pre-hypothermic”.

Chris and Angela were taken to the hospital by rescuers, injured and cold but miraculously alive. Ten minutes before arrival to the ER, it was discovered that Angela was no longer able to move her legs. She underwent a thorough evaluation and was found to have a skull fracture, small amount of bleeding on the brain, an aortic injury with right sided hemothorax, T12 vertebral compression fracture with compression of the spinal cord, and chemical versus thermal burns to her left posterior thigh and both lower legs. She was intubated and placed on a ventilator. A chest tube was placed in the right chest to release the blood, and she was flown by helicopter to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville for further care. She had additional imaging performed and is undergoing spine decompression surgery and fusion from T8-L3 on November 16.

Chris was evaluated and found to have multiple fractures and a concussion, but no apparent life threatening injuries. We will create a separate site to follow his progress.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back