• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Are the 361 Owners?

Sold this one a year or so ago.......... dumb-***................ 361 HP 62 Fury.

IMG_9610.JPG

IMG_9611.JPG

IMG_9612.JPG

361? If it ain't woreout, you know it has plenty of torque and makes a fun driver. So what IF it ain't the fastest, some people arn't the quickest either!

It's "just" a heavy 5.9 with more torque, right?

One of the few Mopar engines that gets less love than a 400.

Shame.

...and often gets mis-identified as a 383, especially by people trying to sell a car.
The 361 is the reason I learned how to identify engines lol. Went to buy a 383 and it turned out to be a 361. That happened in 1970 and was my first engine purchase.

Lets try this again.

I'm not attached to my extra 361. Decent enough motors, but I'm finding I have a lot of "Stuff".
How bout trying to put it in the classified section instead?

Last edited:
I wish I had a dollar for every 361 66 Charger that got sold as having a 383.

That's one of the reasons I learned to read VINs and then made sure I knew the year specific engine codes.

It's "just" a heavy 5.9 with more torque, right?
Totally different engine; 5.9 is a 360. This is a small block with distributor at the back of the engine. The 361 is a big block with distributor at the front. Different bore and stroke dimensions giving almost the same cubic inch displacement. The big block 361 actually has shorter stroke than small block 360. In theory, the longer stroke 360 should have the torque advantage.

Apparently you failed to see the humor.

EDIT- both of you.

EDIT EDIT- It's a "B" engine.

Apparently you failed to see the humor.

EDIT- both of you.

EDIT EDIT- It's a "B" engine.
It's hard to read humor and sarcasm with out one of these. :lol: :rofl: :poke: :poke:

Perhaps I should have italicized "just".

Can we see the humor in that sentence?

B engines rev like a SB but with more torque. I'm not a racer all I need is seat of the pants torque and push me back in the seat some, torque.

Your humour is too sophisticated for me, I guess. I still don't get it.

I bought a 69 Roadrunner roller but othe wise complete, no rust,back in '85 for $50. Came with a bare block he said was a 383 but was a 361. Th good ole days!

I bought a 69 Roadrunner roller but othe wise complete, no rust,back in '85 for $50. Came with a bare block he said was a 383 but was a 361. Th good ole days!
Dang, by 85 you would think people would know how to identify these things lol

A lot of people have never heard of a 361 Chrysler engine. They either say, "Do you mean a Ford?" or, " Do you mean a 360? " .

A lot of people have never heard of a 361 Chrysler engine. They either say, "Do you mean a Ford?" or, " Do you mean a 360? " .
I've run into a few of those kind but there are lots more that never heard of the RB 383 :D

Auto Transport Service
Back