• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

It was only 5 years old when I had it, too.

On a positive note- one of the vacuum leaks ended up being just exactly the right amount to allow overboost and then sealed it's self before the computer shut off the fuel.

That was FUN.

...and that occurrence played a part in an acquaintance developing a device he called "the widget" that basically recreated that controlled leak in the same hose.
You could buy them back then, but they weren't aggressively marketed.
I run manual boost control on all my turbos now, with a ball-and-spring valve from Grainger supply. $7.95 for 75 horsepower!

I remember a very good friend of mine had a turbo minivan that was a stick
I still have my factory turbo van. Not a stick...but I'm working on collecting conversion parts. I have the trans, and shifter. Need pedals, cables, and console & framework...

801469.jpg

That's the same color his was. He wasn't allowed to drive it, it was his wife's!!

I believe the guy that made the widget had a turbo manual trans mini van.

Also involved with the Consulier (sp) project.

I knew a Gus Mahon who did a LOT with the turbo vans...he may have been the one you're thinking of. Might be the same valve setup as well!

South FL IIRC.

I believe the person I knew had a cargo van.

FWD turbo fan here too. Owned an '86 Laser XT and '87 Shelby Charger back in the day. I'd happily add one to my fleet if I could find a clean one. Also once had an SRT-4 Neon. Fun car.

Meanwhile...

I took the Satellite out for a cruise today. Nothing special, just a drive.

PSm6bWzhSgO55nAZ+HJTaQ.jpg

Also once had an SRT-4 Neon. Fun car.
Had a friend that owned a dodge dealership. When the SRT-4 Neon was coming out Chrysler invited all his salesmen to their local dragstrip to test drive them. They sent out a car carrier full of SRT-4's and a truck load of extra wheels and tires. The salesmen were allowed to try and destroy them. After talking to the salesmen involved, they told me they never had as much fun just out and out driving any car. They burned the wheel completely off them. The first thing they noticed was this car had almost nothing to do with a standard Neon, which was a total piece of ****. Chrysler lost 3 or 4 hundred dollars a unit on a standard Neon just to get their CAFE standards up corporate wide so they could sell more HEMI's. 0 to 60 mph in 5.7 , 1/4 mile in the high 13's.

Went for a cruise, where, it doesn't matter. Get on the road and watch people watching me!! The car is filthy and needs to be dropped of for it's yearly full detailing.
Front to back, top to bottom, inside, outside, under the hood and the underside. Don't forget the oil change!!!

20211213_131412.jpg

20211213_131440.jpg
20211213_132025.jpg
20211213_132216.jpg
20211213_134359.jpg
20211213_134451 (2).jpg
20211213_134514.jpg

Had a bunch of errands to run today so I took the Coronet. Ended up at the Park that has places for camper hook ups, targets range and fishing. The lake is big and had thousands of Canadian geese on it. They took off at one point and flew around in a circle as if they were lost. They flew to the other end of the lake and landed. It was crazy to watch. It was about 40 degrees out today and the car loved it.

20211222_135633 (2).jpg

20211222_135515 (1).jpg
20211222_135523 (2).jpg
20211222_140405 (2).jpg
20211222_140410 (2).jpg
20211222_140423 (2).jpg
20211222_135650 (2).jpg
20211222_140006.jpg
20211222_140103.jpg
20211222_140141 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Lucky those geese didn't fly overhead! 2 lbs of turds a day. Was at a donut shop and 500 sparrows were flocking in circles. Went out after and my truck was covered in bird poop.

Last edited:
Those geese are flying **** factories. Nice Coronet. '65's were not sold in Canada, so they are not commonly seen up here.

Some kind of a screwup. We got the 64's of course and the 65 Sea-bodies but no B-bodies. We got them in 66 though.

Why was that?
We had one Canadian factory in Windsor, Ontario that built everything from Valiants to Imperials. Canada only has 1/10 the population of U.S. (something like the state of California), so certain things had to be commonized to turn a profit. For most of the '40's and '50's, our Dodges were Plymouth body shells and interiors with a Dodge front clip on it. We also did not get Lancers or Darts here until 1965. At that time, our Valiants were Darts with a Plymouth nose on them. We never got the C-body 880's in Canada either. In 1962, both our Dodges and Plymouths got Dodge interiors along with their dashes. This changed for 1963 and 1964, when both Dodge and Plymouth got Plymouth interiors with their instrument panels. Some of the series levels and exterior trim was different in these years from U.S. production, as well. In 1965, the regular Dodge and Plymouth lines went to the larger C-body shell. Chrysler Canada likely realized the restyled B-bodies, as Coronet and Belvedere were going to be a one-year-only abberation before a complete restyle in 1966. I think, in the name of economy, Chrysler Canada just decided to sit this one out, and wait a year for the new Coronet and Belvedere. Although both these series names were recognisable to Americans from older models of Dodge and Plymouth, they had no history here. Might as well learn new car names with a new line of B-bodies. This is all my opinion; the real reason may be different.

Luck those geese didn't fly overhead! 2 lbs of turds a day. Was at a donut shop and 500 sparrows were flocking in circles. Went out after and my truck was covered in bird poop.
That happened to me the other day. In all my life I have never seen so my sparrows sitting on both the north and the south outer roads on the power lines. I was on the highway going to pick up the shell sign I bought. They were sitting side by side for a 1/4 mile on those power lines. They were even on the power lines that ran back to the stores. Coming back I laid on the horn and so many birds took off the sky was black, full of birds. Then it started, they pooped like there was no tomorrow and I got hit hard. No secret what happened next, I got off at the next exit and went straight to the car wash. I was driving my Durango, thank God.

Nice Coronet. '65's were not sold in Canada, so they are not commonly seen up here.
Thanks, I bought it to drive and I drive it all over the place. It's a nice driver quality car. It's sitting a little low in the back right now, it has all my garage signs and decorations in the truck. This spring I'll finish my garage, painting the walls and the ceiling and then hang all my stuff.

We had one Canadian factory in Windsor, Ontario that built everything from Valiants to Imperials. Canada only has 1/10 the population of U.S. (something like the state of California), so certain things had to be commonized to turn a profit. For most of the '40's and '50's, our Dodges were Plymouth body shells and interiors with a Dodge front clip on it. We also did not get Lancers or Darts here until 1965. At that time, our Valiants were Darts with a Plymouth nose on them. We never got the C-body 880's in Canada either. In 1962, both our Dodges and Plymouths got Dodge interiors along with their dashes. This changed for 1963 and 1964, when both Dodge and Plymouth got Plymouth interiors with their instrument panels. Some of the series levels and exterior trim was different in these years from U.S. production, as well. In 1965, the regular Dodge and Plymouth lines went to the larger C-body shell. Chrysler Canada likely realized the restyled B-bodies, as Coronet and Belvedere were going to be a one-year-only abberation before a complete restyle in 1966. I think, in the name of economy, Chrysler Canada just decided to sit this one out, and wait a year for the new Coronet and Belvedere. Although both these series names were recognisable to Americans from older models of Dodge and Plymouth, they had no history here. Might as well learn new car names with a new line of B-bodies. This is all my opinion; the real reason may be different.
In Mexico, they got the second generation Ram truck front end on a ram charger platform and we didn't. I always thought that was a mistake, I would have bought one.

I've always wondered who decides what will or won't sell in a given market and why.

I think 67-69 A body wagons would have sold in the US.

Auto Transport Service
Back