• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

I've always wondered who decides what will or won't sell in a given market and why.

I think 67-69 A body wagons would have sold in the US.
It's all in the marketing, who will drive what and how many. The charger ended up 4 door because of a few years of marketing research to determine what the public wanted. The charger basically replaced the intrepid, 4 doors and all.

Saturday was at a local show in town.
Came home with best 60s car.

Might get it out tonite for a little weekly cruise up the road .

Planning on a cars and coffee event the morning of new years day. It usually has several hundred cars.

My car hibernates very little. Something going on car wise pretty much year round out here

786391878409904997(1).jpg 20211218_152626.jpg

Very nice!! Thank you sharing!!

It's going to snow tonight, so they say, so I went for a cruise before the mess keeps me from going out for a week or so. Went to get gas and got a crowd going on checking out Cora. I went to old main street for a cup of coffee and 50 miles later I'm home!!
20220114_114856.jpg
20220114_122104.jpg
20220114_122029.jpg
20220114_122127.jpg
20220114_121915.jpg
20220114_121947.jpg

I'm fixin to get in the Dakota for a B double E double R U N. I ain't skeet o no snow.
I pushed and salted plenty.

Trivia note: the light colored building on the right of Hey-Os last pic has in its basement the second oldest bowling lanes in the country. Look up "Cocked Hat" bowling.

I'm fixin to get in the Dakota for a B double E double R U N. I ain't skeet o no snow.
I pushed and salted plenty.

Trivia note: the light colored building on the right of Hey-Os last pic has in its basement the second oldest bowling lanes in the country. Look up "Cocked Hat" bowling.
You're a book of freaking knowledge on many levels, but you own this town and always will. I did not know that, thanks for sharing!!! ..... Keep on truckin' P.S. my place for coffee and breakfast is Frontier perk cafe, same side of the side, heading towards Lewis and Clark's. They can perk up a storm, homemade cakes and everything done by the owners. Very small, maybe 5 or 6 tables, but, they work hard and she can cook. I think they close at 3. Check it out.

NO Where, on jack stands and covered. Won't see outdoors till at least Late march, provided snow,ice, and salt gone!!!

Been about a month since I've had any seat time due to a hiccup or two. I did not realize how much I miss driving it. Put about 40 miles on it just cruising around town. Still getting 13mpg.
Thanks to @threewood and @gtx6970 for being my tech support hotlines getting the car back on the road.

20220116_131958.jpg

Very nice, love the color!! Thanks for sharing!!

The Corner Bar is a story of accessories—how a fifth-generation shoemaker, Jason Bibb, bought the country’s last pair of cocked-hat bowling lanes. Named for the “smartass” (Bibb’s word) way that men wore their derbies while rolling, cocked-hat bowling uses three regular pins and a candlepin ball (think bocce ball but with no holes for your fingers) instead of your standard-issue 10 pins. Bibb says the place has been around since 1865, the alley’s been continuously in use since 1875, and this is probably the last place on earth where you can play three-pin bowling. Not that he wants to advertise it. “It’s a word-of-mouth place, and we keep it that way,” he says.

During Prohibition, Bibb says, The Corner Bar was an old saloon. During the ’60s and ’70s, it was a place where wives would poke their heads in to summon their husbands for supper. These days, to gain entry, head to the back and descend through a trapdoor. It’s easy to envision how it operated in the 19th century. Nothing’s automated: High school students work as pinsetters, catching the ball at the end of the lane and rolling it back via a chute. Also the same, though not quite as old: much of the clientele. Some of the men’s league teams have been around for 50 years, Bibb says. “They’re like old women at the bridge table. They get real snooty with their bowling. I’m like, ‘Come on, Larry.’ They take it way too seriously.”
The-Corner-Bar-e30168ad5056a36_e30169a1-5056-a36a-08b31ef09449e79b.jpg

Secret_CornerBar_Bowling.jpg

Last edited:
Had to work all weekend. At least I enjoyed the drive in today.

20220130_093138.jpg

My wife and I went for a cruise today. First stop pick up the mail, then went to buy our daughter her yearly car wash package. Went to main street to go to this custom bakery to pick up these cookies, cupcakes and cake. Then we headed for the road where we talk and drive till we've had enough. It was about 30 degrees and the car loved it. This car is a blast to drive and it doesn't matter what the weather is, It's always ready and so am I.
20220130_133835.jpg
20220130_133754.jpg
20220130_133709.jpg

I was there yesterday, while we were downtown St.Charles, I wondered if you be out and about.

I was there yesterday, while we were downtown St.Charles, I wondered if you be out and about.
I usually go once a week for coffee, lunch or just to sight see. I've lived here for over forty years and I never get tired of walking around down there. I'm either in my Coronet or my white Durango GT. I like it so much that I have spent years looking for the right place on the river side of the street to buy. Rent out the bottom and live upstairs. Couldn't find one big enough with a garage. I have found a couple on the other side of the street over the years that would work, but Theresa is so done with houses, I just dream anymore. I've run out of time.
The guy in the picture with the yellow hat saw me walking towards the car and ask me if it was for sale. I said of course it's for sale, everything I own, except my wife is for sale. He looked at Theresa and the car and said how much. Before I could come back with one of my one liners, he said 2 million. I told him I had more than that invested in her, he could have the car!! He was a big car head, said he's had about 12, Chevys and Mustangs, with Mustang being his favorite. I started her up and looked at him and said, well, you better practice some more in that Mustang before you graduate to a Mopar!! We both laughed and we were gone.

I agree St Charles is nice we really enjoy visiting it and the area is nice and the folks are nice... I’ll stumble into you one of these days!

Last edited:
Went for a quick cruise before the rain and snow starts. Backed into the street only to be stopped by the new neighbor. He gave me a quick history of my car from what he remembered from when he was young, 15 minutes later I was on the road. Made it 2 miles to the gas station where I was greeted by two guys my age who gave me a 5 minute talk about their cars from days gone bye. Made it to the highway and was well on my way when I heard a loud bang from something that flew up off the highway and apparently hit me . Got off the highway and pulled into a gas station. It was running fine, so I left it running while I walked around it looking for something out of place. Raised the hood and looked around while listening for an out of place noise, nothing. Started looking under it when I spotted two feet on the other side. Got up only to be greeted by a guy older than me that was excited to see a 65 coronet. He had two of them years ago and he went on about them both being 361, 4 speed cars and all the work he did on them. He said he had been following me since I blew by him getting on the highway and was just now catching up, had to see my car. While i was still looking and listening to the car, he asked me how much would I take for the car. I just looked at him and realized that's how I got it, stopped and made a deal with a guy on a car that wasn't even for sale. I quickly said not for sale and he said, no really, how much. I closed the hood and we spoke for a few more minutes before excusing myself and headed home, still not finding anything wrong with the car. Got home and was putting the car away and started to go over it with my California broom before putting the cover back on it when I found the problem, chrome trim around the windshield had been hit on the passengers side and popped off about halfway across the glass. Was a strange ride to say the least, that I can now see wasn't worth it. Oh well
20220221_140654.jpg
20220221_140626.jpg
20220221_134005.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back