• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Our Mopar club, Western Ontario Mopar Owners, had its fall cruise yesterday. It was a little cool and overcast, but did not rain. One of our stops was at R&M Restorations at Chatham, Ontario. This facility does high end restorations of classic cars that show and win at prestigious concours such as Pebble Beach,etc. Another arm of the business conducts classic car auctions around the world. We had a guided tour through their restoration shops, but were not allowed to take pictures of the cars under restoration. Classics in this area included '60's V-12 Ferarri's, Aston Martin DB5 drophead coupe, Bugatti 57 coupe, Bucialli roadster, '38 Mercedes Benz 540K roadster, '36 American LaFrance V-12 pumper, '37 Delahaye V-12 roadster, '52 Pegaso racer, and even a 1965 Shelby Mustang. Whatever parts they can not find for these classics are made on site by skilled craftsmen.
Another area of the grounds has a museum/showroom, in which we could take pictures. This building contained many classics and a few musclecars. The only Chrysler product I saw was a 1932 Imperial convertible sedan. I took pictures of club member cars at R&M.
P9240169.JPG
P9240173.JPG

P9240172.JPG

P9240170.JPG

P9240175.JPG

P9240174.JPG

P9240176.JPG

P9240178.JPG

P9240181.JPG

P9240180.JPG

Did the OK Hot Rod Hundred car run this past Saturday. There were about 130 1974-older car/trucks and about 20 post-1974 vehicle that made the drive. There were a handful of Mopars there. I drove my '66 Coronet 500, and there was also a '69 RR, '66 Sport Fury, '72 Charger, '66 Monaco, '49 Plymouth, a custom '58 DeSoto, '50 Dodge 1/2-ton on a modified Dakota chassis and a 392 Gen3 Hemi, '41 Dodge ratrod truck, two Vipers, and a couple of others The run itself was 120 miles, taking the lonnnng way from Arcadia to Guthrie, OK. I put 208 miles total on my Coronet, and got a trip average of just under 13 mpg. At the end of the run, we ate very well! For several years in a row, there was a BBQ food truck to provide the goodies. Brisket, pulled pork, slaw, beans, and potato salad, with soft drinks/water and chocolate cake!

Last edited:
After the lifts,all three of the garage doors on the side are functional, as well as the door from the front. Most of the parts have been put away. The non running vehicles are up on lifts and out of the way. And I can walk around and work on cars back there. There are now ten cars stored in clean safe storage. This was a real game changer for my garage!

20220911_100808.jpg

20220508_135550.jpg

20220509_194344.jpg

20220925_200214.jpg

After the lifts,all three of the garage doors on the side are functional, as well as the door from the front. Most of the parts have been put away. The non running vehicles are up on lifts and out of the way. And I can walk around and work on cars back there. There are now ten cars stored in clean safe storage. This was a real game changer for my garage!

View attachment 1348547

View attachment 1348549

View attachment 1348550

View attachment 1348551

Mild jealously oozing out of my pores...!

I still can't believe I have been able to pull this off! I sit out there with a Sixpack and just look around in awe!

View attachment 1348547

View attachment 1348549

View attachment 1348550

View attachment 1348551

There aught to be a law! Lol

Me too, but all I got are 318 cars an handful of used shop equipment.

Still do it, though.

I've heard of carbon fiber leaf springs. But fiberglass?
Yup, they are out there!

Nice! There’s a certain tv show I like that I’m pretty sure has what you’re talking about in it. :lol:

View attachment 1348535
Nothing that drastic but was similar! The setting was on a nice smooth and well maintained dirt road and involved a bridge with a nice slow riser to it and the same for the other side. Speeds ended up being around 75 and even though we didn't measure the distance, it was a good deal more than a few cars lengths on the last pass of several with each one getting faster. Same car got me 8 consecutive donuts on West Beach down from Galveston on a nice smooth section of water packed sand. :D

Fall is sort of sad here because all the cruises and the shows are winding down. I really wanted to get out to a local cruise last night that runs through October. It was a bit cloudy but no rain shown on radar so off I went. Less than a mile from home it started to sprinkle so I turned around and headed back home. 20 minutes later the sprinkles ended and sky started to clear, so off I went again! I get to the cruise and only a couple dozen cars showed up. I had a nice drive though, and on the way home at dusk I stopped and took a few pictures behind a building near my home with the headlights on showing the retractable covers open.

Magnum dusk.JPG

I went to the doctors yesterday and took Cora and my wife. Stopped for lunch and cruised around town for awhile. It was 71 degrees and absolutely beautiful.
20220927_163358.jpg
20220927_141822.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back