• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

took it out nowhere in particular to capture some vid. it’s 65 degrees out so definitely sweater weather. thinking warm Summer 2023 thoughts.

:lol:

watermelon

Love it! What wheels and tires do you have? Stance looks perfect.

Well, I had to turn my GTX into my daily driver, so a week so far of going to work and running errands. Figured since our weather is like y’all’s up north I’d put an 8 track in from probably the greatest Canadian singer

View attachment 1390582
We haven't had any measurable snow yet here in downtown Copenhagen, Ontario, just 2 miles north of North shore of Lake Erie. But, it sounds like that is going to change tomorrow and Friday. Like your 8-track of 3 chord Gord.

Love it! What wheels and tires do you have? Stance looks perfect.
It's OK I just did a search, Rev Wheels 100 Classic Series, 15 x 7, 4" backspace, right?
They look great, bigger than 15", what tires are you running?

taking y’all on my favorite part of my drive

… yes that is a Christmas 2023 greeting …

Merry Christmas!

:lol:

watermelon

I keep saying last time out, but what else can make Friday better then taking a big block 4 speed car out? It really needs to be taken apart though, it’s parking spot is throughly marked.

D618DF6A-1EE7-4928-B8F5-C05B35F7DF2D.jpeg

We're between rainstorms today so I got some cruising in while the roads are dry..

20230107_095914 (2).jpg

20230107_095832.jpg

I love this thread, because it lets people show that you can drive your car! You don’t have to wait until the huge National show to trailer it to, polish it for hours, put it on a pedestal, then trailer it back it it’s prison.

Today, as I was preparing dinner I realized I need some things at the store. As I was grabbing keys, I figured why not grab the GTXs’ key. Hopped in, and headed to the store, did a few burnouts, and back home. Such a quick little run, I didn’t even take a lot of pictures.

5E7FDADE-7063-4A63-9684-E70782F52FE2.jpeg

C1E90710-59E4-4EA8-BD84-973F459C89D1.jpeg

I love this thread, because it lets people show that you can drive your car! You don’t have to wait until the huge National show to trailer it to, polish it for hours, put it on a pedestal, then trailer it back it it’s prison.
That's the reason I started this thread. I bought my car because it's not a trailer queen and not the best on this site by a long shot, but, it runs and does what I bought it for, to drive the hell out of it!!! If it wears out, well then, the plan worked. If I have time and God sees fit, I'll start over! I collect money, not cars. LOL....... Thanks for sharing!! ........... Ulli

That's the reason I started this thread. I bought my car because it's not a trailer queen and not the best on this site by a long shot, but, it runs and does what I bought it for, to drive the hell out of it!!! If it wears out, well then, the plan worked. If I have time and God sees fit, I'll start over! I collect money, not cars. LOL....... Thanks for sharing!! ........... Ulli
Here’s the big shocker…I didn’t even wash it before taking it!

B2B27464-8B6E-4873-95E0-06F3860583F2.gif

If your ambition is to collect cars.....collecting money first is a good place to start.

If your ambition is to collect cars.....collecting money first is a good place to start.
If collecting cars is someone's ambition........ collecting money first is a must.

Yeah, I found out the hard way.
At age 19 I had five cars, no garage, and a minimum wage job.

NOT a place I ever want to be again.

Now I have 10 cars, but 25 stalls of garage space if necessary (8 in use) that other people pay for that also supplies a bit of "car fund" money each month.

Yeah, I found out the hard way.
At age 19 I had five cars, no garage, and a minimum wage job.

NOT a place I ever want to be again.

Now I have 10 cars, but 25 stalls of garage space if necessary (8 in use) that other people pay for that also supplies a bit of "car fund" money each month.
I have collected a lot of things in my life and have had a lot of things in my life, but, I never had more than one old hot rod at a time. I've had multiple boats, houses and new cars, but I only need one go to old car to run around in, just the way I have always been. Now I only have a two car garage, so I'm down to one new car and my coronet. I'm not building anymore cars, I'm not interested in climbing under cars anymore, am I happy, you have no idea..............

3 of those cars are parts cars and 2 more are on the line between.

Breakdown of the rest:

1 daily
1 truck
1 classic
2 projects
...and a scooter

That’s what you need.

1 Reliable daily
1 truck
1 absurd car that’s just ridiculously fun
1 moderate car

And those can all be classics, or a mix.

I daily an 82 Datsun 280zx, it’s practical, fun and cool

I have my 68 GTX that’s just loud and does good burnouts

And I have my 78 Lil Red, it’s a pickup, and it’s a tame classic that’s fun to get in and just drive.

Another thing about me, perhaps a character flaw-

If I have one of something, I likely have 5 or 10.

I have 7 electric guitars. 1 is a $5 thrift find so I can practice installing a Floyd Rose, and hey I couldn't help myself buying $100 pawn shop Epiphone versions of all the classic Gibson shapes.
4 acoustics including a 50's Kay and a Nylon string, plus a $100 Strat-acoustic.
...and 2 basses.
6 Guitar amps including an 84 Marshall and a 68 Fender Twin.

True I can only play one at a time, but they are all different. All but 2 were bought used for what I consider very good prices vs value.

I have 6 working computers. Most were given to me, one is a dedicated music server at my shop.

I have 7 vintage stereo receivers, 4 vintage cassette decks, 4 vintage and one modern turntables, 7 vintage CD players and 5 pairs of vintage speakers. Again all bought cheap.

Between my wife and I, we have 3 houses (and looking for more provided they can be bought cheap vs value).

...and 8 cats.

Only the one wife, though.

Auto Transport Service
Back