• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Thursday is my last day of work before I begin my retirement. I plan on driving the '66 Coronet 500 to work for my final day.

I love seeing input on this thread with people using their B bodies for daily activities or driving around for no reason at all. Drive them every chance you get :thumbsup:

Yesterday, I finally got the numbers# engine in my Charger started up and broke in and took it for a 10 mile drive down the highway. It was quite the journey finding the bare block, getting it a couple thousand miles back home, and dealing with a few machine shop fumbles. Its a relief to have that accomplished.
This thread is about going anywhere it is we go, with ours cars. If that's towing it to a car show, that works for me. Many are like mine, get in and go. The plan is to wear them out and see how many smiles per miles we can get out of them.

Driving it for the first time is a big deal, I've done it a few times myself. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!! Be safe......Ulli

Thursday is my last day of work before I begin my retirement. I plan on driving the '66 Coronet 500 to work for my final day.
Thursday will be a very big day, symbolically. It will come and go and the next day will be up to you. Driving away in a classic is a double great ending of one story and a great new start for a new one. I'm glad for you!! Congrats.. Ulli

Just a little trip to her favorite watering hole to get her ready to take out tomorrow

D792E7CE-BC7B-4F58-B3F5-87F4DE5887AF.jpeg

It was nice to turn in my laptop and badge for my last day at work. Nice, seamless process. Big :) The Imperial ran great. The Coronet didn't want to cooperate.

It was nice to turn in my laptop and badge for my last day at work. Nice, seamless process. Big :) The Imperial ran great. The Coronet didn't want to cooperate.
I'm 67 and retired when I was 52. My point is, I'm still not used to it in some aspects. There are times I still think Friday is great because I can stay up late, I'm off on Saturday. Now, you know that's not normal!! LOL, Imperial or Coronet, either is a great choice!!

I truly wish you the best!!!.... Ulli

The plan is to wear them out and see how many smiles per miles we can get out of them.
YEP! It’s a beautiful Texas spring Friday morning, why not take it to work.

These cars are meant to be driven, don’t just wait for the next car show, if the weather (and roads for you salty northern road guys) is good, that’s a good enough excuse. Go around the block, go get something to eat, just drive them

04C779F9-A498-48E0-A53B-9E11EB9AA402.jpeg

YEP! It’s a beautiful Texas spring Friday morning, why not take it to work.

These cars are meant to be driven, don’t just wait for the next car show, if the weather (and roads for you salty northern road guys) is good, that’s a good enough excuse. Go around the block, go get something to eat, just drive them

View attachment 1637105
If you have to go to work, atleast have fun getting there!!!............ Let The Horses Run !!

Auto Transport Service
Back