• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Did You Mount Your Tach 1962 - 1965

I am dealing with this same problem in my 64. trying to figure out if there is a bracket i can make out of aluminum that bolts on somewhere not obvious (under the dash pad maybe). this is the saturday project.

I am dealing with this same problem in my 64. trying to figure out if there is a bracket i can make out of aluminum that bolts on somewhere not obvious (under the dash pad maybe). this is the saturday project.

I always liked the steering column if there's enough room to turn the wheel. Like Bob Myers post. You can use a rubber strip under the attaching band so it doesn't move or scar the paint.
I don't have that clearance between the wheel and guages with my '62, so I'm going under the dash.
Let us know how you make out...

I removed the clock in my 64 and put a mopar repo tack in it's place fits perfect, I think 64 only.

I removed the clock in my 64 and put a mopar repo tack in it's place fits perfect, I think 64 only.
64 Dodge. I hung the Sun Super under the top of dash lip. Blocks where the clock would be, but I don't have one . Back against the chrome trim with the bracket, but no interference with steering wheel or 4 speed shifter knob...........................MO

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Its not bolted through the dash it just slides under the dash pad, I bought it on the A-Bodie site last year from a guy who made them and not sure he's still offering them

Moparcrazy, educate me on that shifter setup. Reminds me of a lenco trans but you running an automatic.

"its a really cool set~up" most people think its a lenco but its just a Shifter like B&M custom made by a Irish guy here in California, his company is Kill Duff shifters

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I always liked the steering column if there's enough room to turn the wheel. Like Bob Myers post. You can use a rubber strip under the attaching band so it doesn't move or scar the paint.
I don't have that clearance between the wheel and guages with my '62, so I'm going under the dash.
Let us know how you make out...

This took a little longer then usual due to some unforeseen no brakes issues. Gotta love single master cylinders giving out while on a cruise down town! Anyways I managed to make a curved aluminum bracket to mount the tach which slipped under the dash pad. Here are some pics.

Why do you need a tach?

I don't have time to look at one when racing and ran 3 back to back passes that were identical 3 weeks ago with a fwd.manual valve body.

Ain't nobody got time for a tach! :D

Why do you need a tach?

I don't have time to look at one when racing and ran 3 back to back passes that were identical 3 weeks ago with a fwd.manual valve body.

Ain't nobody got time for a tach! :D
Just wind it up till the valves float , then shift.... AYE ? ............................MO

The tach I have (finding one of compatible dia) I installed where the clock goes in the cluster. I had put a '62 dash in my '63 as I prefer those to the '63 "ranch" gauges.

Just wind it up till the valves float , then shift.... AYE ? ............................MO

I have the MSD Rev limiter set at 6400 rpm. I used to occasionally bump the limiter when it was set lower (6000, 6200) when I first built the motor, but now that I'm used to the car and what it wants, I almost never hit it.

like above^^^ Redline Gauge works did my 64 Belvedere dash with a factory looking Tach.Sorry, not the best photos.

IMG_1485.JPG IMG_1486.JPG

Not too many places for a big tach on a 65.......I know you have the smaller Sun but here's mine......
IMG_3121.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back