• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Did You Mount Your Tach 1962 - 1965

View attachment 359451
Had Redline replace my clock with a tach, G-Car did the bezel work

I've always liked the "Wild Wild West" font on the '62 Plymouths! I'm thinking, it's the only year that they used it?
20160911_210715.jpg

Putting mine on the right side of steering column with the shift light on top of column.

i mounted mine on the dash.......used heavy duty velcro..........it was an experiment but it worked great....doesnt move.........and no holes if its ever removed......

IMG_20140506_191423.jpg

Holes were already in the dash. I made a mount and a backing plate for under the dash. Not much room to place it anywhere else, maybe under the dash.

image.jpeg

Lots of differences between 62/63 and 64/65. That being said if you going to race it and its quick you need to have it in the line of sight as 2nd comes up quick. I didn't want holes in the top of the dash though. So I fabbed this up. completely adjustable.
Doug

DSC_3703.JPG

Lots of differences between 62/63 and 64/65. That being said if you going to race it and its quick you need to have it in the line of sight as 2nd comes up quick. I didn't want holes in the top of the dash though. So I fabbed this up. completely adjustable.
Doug

View attachment 363698

DVW, can you post pictures of your entire instrument cluster? It looks like you did something custom with the whole cluster.
Thanks!

DVW, can you post pictures of your entire instrument cluster? It looks like you did something custom with the whole cluster.
Thanks!
And the rest of the car, for that fact. I haven't seen it in awhile. I'm just crazy about that color!

i made this mount to fit around the column. my dash pad is original and in very nice shape; so, no holes will be put in the pad.
100_0394.jpg

Thanks!
Flat aluminum panel replaces the stock cating. A shift delete plate was cut out and filled with a ring from a spare bezel creating a space for the 5th gauge. Shifter was moved to the right side of the dash for cage clearance. Shifter bezel was fabled from the inner portion of the shift bezel and the outer portion of the heater bezel.
Doug

1229112023.jpg 1229112031.jpg

I had a hard time looking at gauges at WOT,HAD 9 gauges with a large tach like DVW and installed a new dash pad with no tach and shift light instead mounted on the column.

in the clock location on the '64 Dodge. Redline did mine whe i had them convert to a volt meter last year.

Just finishing the wiring on a 63 wagon (NSS race car) for a friend. The shift light is mounted on the top windshield frame directly in the line of sight.
Panel Gauges.JPG

I bought a 3 3/8 tach for my '62 and I'm trying to find a good mounting spot. On the top of the column is too tight. (steering wheel interference) Man, I don't want to drill any holes in the dash. Maybe under the dash would work. Just not real visible. I did see one mounted on the hump.
So, any suggestions and pictures? Please only 1962 - 1965

Mounted mine on the steering column.

New Dash.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back