• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Did You Mount Your Tach 1962 - 1965

I removed the clock in my 64 and put a mopar repo tack in it's place fits perfect, I think 64 only.
My '64 Fury with SW Mechanical Tach in clock location. I removed the radio as well and made the oil pressure and water temp gauge panel as well.
S W Tach mounted in dash.JPG
S W Tach mounted in dash.JPG
Gauges in dash.JPG

All my vehicles have tachs so I wanted one for my Coronet. That's a oil pressure gauge where the optional clock would be located.
Mike
IMG_2073.JPG

It's just a humble little race car but I like it where it is. Doesn't obscure my vision in any way and the interior is complete now.

FB_IMG_1687369106979 (002).jpg

This is a crappy photo and the car is a beater Here it is.

IMG_2970.jpg

Another crappy photo. This went in my friends 64 Fury.
Redline Gauge Works did the cluster.

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

mounted to the hood perhaps?

could make a clip and mount the tach to that and clip it to the cowl vents??

IDK Kid, just spitballin here...
That is a great tach, I've had one in my '70 D200 truck for years, mounted on the column using the supplied big hose clamps. On my '64 Polara I installed the Charger Specialties in-dash tach (replaces the clock), which looks great but is built poorly and works like crap. No wonder Charger Specialites went out of business, good riddance.

Auto Transport Service
Back