• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find list of parts needed

mach123

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals

Well a few yrs ago I found a complete 400 engine and 727 tranny thinking I will build a stroker from a 400 block, well stupid me I gutted it and only kept block and oil pan. Now I am starting to build it and revise I could have kept another of parts that could have been used with stroker. Omg I screwed up.
1- So now my question is where can I get a parts list of all that's missing or needed
2- what should be new and or upgraded
3- what can I use used and best place to find all these items

Any help would be great, if in usa I have a buddy that I can send to him and when I go see him this summer I can load up lol
If not anything in canada, if anyone on here has partsfor me, let me know. Thx

Last 400 stroker I built, we used literally nothing but the block and the main caps.... everything else was new parts.

2nd on 440 source. Do you still have the heads? If not, you'll need to source some aluminum ones as almost every 440 source stroker gives a little over 10:1 compression.

2nd on 440 source. Do you still have the heads? If not, you'll need to source some aluminum ones as almost every 440 source stroker gives a little over 10:1 compression.
Yes I bought aluminum heads, cam, rockers. The stuff I'm talking about is all external stuff like all pully's, water pump,front cover, timing parts, etc. Thx

One-stop-shopping can save you a bundle in shipping costs. Just go to the 440Source website/catalog and start making a list. There won't be much that you can't find there.

Hello
I have been shopping and couple things.
1- water pump housing, there are 2 bottom left and right, as I don't have a car yet what would be the better outlet left or right.
2- the block is a 1978 but if just buying parts to build what do I look at , as this will be a 500 stroker.
3- last question lol is about the distributor/timing or what to buy in the area of the build.
I thank all that have helped out.
Thanks

1) driver side outlet
2) year doesn't matter - just that its a 400 block
3) best bet is a quality "ready-to-run"

If you're planning on EFI then it would be wise to consider a "system" that perhaps includes the distributor.

Stat 150 or 180 and why I'm thinking use 180 if use in colder weather.
So on oil pumps, whats better HP or HF also hear HP robs HP and really only need 7psi per 1000rpm aprox thx

Standard pump. There are plenty of tips on some minor mods to perform before install.

Keep in mind the boiling point of water is 212*. Moisture forms in a cold motor. So ... you want the engine hot enough to boil off moisture in the motor and the oil. 150 is too damn cold regardless of the weather.

I'm running 180° stat in 496 stroker in AZ where my summers are 120+. I am also running a Melling standard flow oil pump. Oil pressure is great even in the summer. Car runs 176° on the interstate and 194ish in stop n go traffic in the dead of summer w the a/c on which is what a 180° stat should run.

I'm just making a complete list of stuff to look at or get,
So what rocker kit is better the 440source 200-1045 kit or the
Prv 3244011 kit China I think sorry for all the questions

They're probably both "China". For anything other than a solid roller I'd personally look for a set of Isky nodular iron adjustables. And guess what ... you could probably find a set in Ontario if you have a bit of patience! Also, there's nothing wrong with a set of heavy duty stock style stamped steel. Whatever, spend money of good shafts.

If you're going hydraulic flat tappet, the factory rockers are just fine. Are you building a race motor??? If not, there is no need for the "best" parts.

The cam I have is the 21-227-4 by comp, just looking for all the rest that would go with these. Thx

That's a hydraulic flat tappet. If you're not going racing or doing dyno shootouts, quality stamped steel rockers are just fine.

Well I was looking at the new steel rockers for all needed and at 440source are only 40bucks cheaper then there aluminum kits, so wouldn't lighter be better, thx

These are probably the best deal around

https://www.facebook.com/groups/THEMOPARTRADERPAGE

$100.

650_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=9VLPH2_prJoAX-80oY1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto1-1.jpg

Ya exactly same as on 440source for 289 but I don't do FB damm

Auto Transport Service
Back