• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find list of parts needed

Is an 850 double pumper carb any good for my stroker ? Thx

Not being an a$$, but are "you" building this engine, if so do you have the knowhow? Are you using an engine builder? If so, that person would ask what you want and would guide you in the right direction.

Not being an a$$, but are "you" building this engine, if so do you have the knowhow? Are you using an engine builder? If so, that person would ask what you want and would guide you in the right direction.
Thanks

As for a list you have all the main stuff start at the top and go down Air cleaner, carb, Carb Spacer?, intake manifold valve covers, gaskets... you get the idea. Anything else you need from alt & PS mounts & hoses to a Complete ARP engine bolt and nut kit you can get on the summit (Recommend) or Jegs site. With that cam (comp 21-227-4) in a stroker motor with alum heads at around 10:1 you "should" be just under 500 HP. I can qualify that answer by saying i have the same cam in a 440-512 stroker 440 source kit with 440 source heads. I am just over 530ish hp and just under 600FBT but I carry upper 500's FBT fbt from 3000 to 5700 rpm with a 4 speed its a fun combo.
I have the sniper stealth EFI system and the Holley hyperspark distributer. I chose to go with a single plane intake for the higher rpm torque it gives you because you will have a ton of low end torque with a stroker anyway.
I went with the
Performance Quotient PQx Platinum Series Shaft-Mount Rocker Arms
As the .525 spec on your cam will wear the stock stamped rockers pretty fast (JMO) The PQX are a good bushing type rocker with a nice roller tip and are half as much as a Sharps. the full roller 440 source rockers have been known to bleed excessive oil presser out the sides causing issues . (This information was gleaned off of this site and my engine builder)
All of your other engine components you can get on 440 source. Your 850 carb will be more than enough. Unless you go with a EFI setup, (I Recommend it!!) I would also look at an in tank fuel pump verses the in line the kit comes with.

The last thing i can tell you is your going to build some power in this motor DONT FORGET EVERYTHING ELSE, With this power your drivetrain, braking and suspension need to be upgraded to handle / work with this much additional power.

All of this like any advice on this site is my opinion, who knows i might not know ****.. I can just tell you what has worked for me.

Good luck with your build.
All the knowledge you need is right on this site just keep asking the questions.

I have a ton of pictures and description on my build in my Garage Profile.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showcase/my-b-body-journey.5621/

Last edited:
As for a list you have all the main stuff start at the top and go down Air cleaner, carb, Carb Spacer?, intake manifold valve covers, gaskets... you get the idea. Anything else you need from alt & PS mounts & hoses to a Complete ARP engine bolt and nut kit you can get on the summit (Recommend) or Jegs site. With that cam (comp 21-227-4) in a stroker motor with alum heads at around 10:1 you "should" be just under 500 HP. I can qualify that answer by saying i have the same cam in a 440-512 stroker 440 source kit with 440 source heads. I am just over 530ish hp and just under 600FBT but I carry upper 500's FBT fbt from 3000 to 5700 rpm with a 4 speed its a fun combo.
I have the sniper stealth EFI system and the Holley hyperspark distributer. I chose to go with a single plane intake for the higher rpm torque it gives you because you will have a ton of low end torque with a stroker anyway.
I went with the
Performance Quotient PQx Platinum Series Shaft-Mount Rocker Arms
As the .525 spec on your cam will wear the stock stamped rockers pretty fast (JMO) The PQX are a good bushing type rocker with a nice roller tip and are half as much as a Sharps. the full roller 440 source rockers have been known to bleed excessive oil presser out the sides causing issues . (This information was gleaned off of this site and my engine builder)
All of your other engine components you can get on 440 source. Your 850 carb will be more than enough. Unless you go with a EFI setup, (I Recommend it!!) I would also look at an in tank fuel pump verses the in line the kit comes with.

The last thing i can tell you is your going to build some power in this motor DONT FORGET EVERYTHING ELSE, With this power your drivetrain, braking and suspension need to be upgraded to handle / work with this much additional power.

All of this like any advice on this site is my opinion, who knows i might not know ****.. I can just tell you what has worked for me.

Good luck with your build.
All the knowledge you need is right on this site just keep asking the questions.

I have a ton of pictures and description on my build in my Garage Profile.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showcase/my-b-body-journey.5621/

Thanks for all the great info, all I'm doing is searching for materials for now, as I just moved back to northern ontario and don't know of a engine builder in this area yet or if any good ones. But all I know is I need lots, lol

Auto Transport Service
Back