• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where your from ..what you talk like ..or other way around ..Quiz

I did the test twice . 1st time it said I was from California, until I answered "Roll Tide" to a question. Then it put me where I am supposed to be. In Alabamer LOL.

I have no idea why it thinks I'm from Modesto, Santa Rosa, or Reno. Only rationale was my choice of the word crawdad

Took it twice. Interesting it did not ask the same questions both times. Some the same, but not all. Both times it said the site was busy and gave me no response.

I had to take it a couple of times and finally I got the names of the cities on the last try. Stockton, Modesto, and Santa Rosa. I'd say in the 100 mile range of where I'm from, so not bad. I did it again and gave some different answers and it was way off so maybe they got something here.

Mine was spot on, but they cheated with the first question. Only Pittsburghers use "yinz". :) I never noticed that until I was in Hawaii and a woman asked me if I was from Pittsburgh. I asked how she knew that and she said she heard me say "yinz" to my colleagues. A little while later I was in a store in Virginia Beach and was in line behind a nun and her assistant and heard them say "yinz" and when I asked if they were from Pittsburgh they wanted to know how I knew that. :)

Worked great. No Canadian cities but gave me Detroit and Buffalo and Im in between. Well talk to "you guys" later, off to get a "pop" and "sub"

They got me spot on, 10 miles from where I grew up in Joisey. It's not really that complicated. They did a poll/survey with a very large geographical range and a large enough sample to make it accurate. The program just compares your answers to their database and comes up with a best match. You can screw them up by giving answers you know are wrong for your area.

Houston (correct), Shreveport and Little rock.....

I have no idea why it thinks I'm from Modesto, Santa Rosa, or Reno. Only rationale was my choice of the word crawdad

I've always said "crawdad", but I'm originally from St Louis, MO. I thought it was the word crawdad that got the closest answer....Lexington, KY. I lived in AZ for 20+ years and been in OR for almost 10 and it never even got close to either one...interesting excercise tho.

I was expecting questions like , Do you like beans or taters?, Is it ok to marry cousins? and such. But the questions they ask are a lot better.

I guess moving all over as a Airforce brat it confused it........ it put me in 3 different cities in 2 different states?????

Got me at Cleveland 80 miles away, I grew up near Erie Pa, but I live in Ohio now.

Had me between Louisville KY to Arkansas. Being in Southern Indiana on the Ohio river they say us river rats have our own language.
We say sodie or Coke and then the other other person has to say what kind.
And being right next to Kentucky OMG You have never herd such accents from the hills and then they built a bridge to link us together OOOHHHH real reality TV!!!

Not even close.. Unless you count Lincoln NE or Madison WI close to central Indiana. I will say I've lived in very different regions of the country over the years. It probably ran a " DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!" sequence and just spit balled it...

First time I did it, it had me within 35 miles. I did it again to see if it was tracking my computer and gave it all the wrong answers. It then put me out between Salt Lake City and Spokane.

Auto Transport Service
Back