• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which carb for my set up?

I have a bone stock '77 400 4bbl/727 from a police/city car in my 71. Only add ons are Headman 1 7/8 headers, Weiand intake and an Edelbrock 1406 (6-650cfm). It is super easy to tune (start at about 1 1/2 turns each from closed position on air/fuel screws, salt to taste from there), it cruises smooth, and the response is pretty tight. It could probably be tweaked a little more but, the plugs look perfect so it stays put. A 3/8" thick gasket helps keep it cool and is trouble free for about 2yrs now. If camming up, find something that builds cylinder pressure as those pistons are going to be deep in the bores and it's really easy to over cam these unless you have some gears or converter to help. Mine is just a cruiser also, with occasional beatings. The simple add ons I have with a 3.23 gear and some timing and it runs really good for what it is. Make yourself less work, keep it simple
20220609_174923.jpg

You don't need dual feed. More complication, more places to leak...........

Auto Transport Service
Back