• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which engine oils with zinc???

What about the new Rotella T SAE 30 that is not API approved? Is that low on ZDDP also?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-tech-performance/2690096-stp-oil.html

April 29, 2008

Reference Number: 5351879

Dear Mr. Long,

Thank you for contacting us about STP Oil Treatment. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

The STP Oil Treatment in the blue bottle does contain ZDDP. When you add one bottle of the oil treatment to 4 to 5 quarts of oil it will provide you the same protection as older motor oils once provided. The red bottle only contains slightly more. I hope this information helps you.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Patti Copper

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

Just saying...

I think you might be right on that.
Check Autozone and NAPA.
Chevy dealer has EOS which is awesome IMO.
Been using the EOS for many years.Starting to get a little pricey at $22.00 for 4 oz bottle.I did get a couple bottles of ZDDP and a case of Brad Penn from Summit.

Been using the EOS for many years.Starting to get a little pricey at $22.00 for 4 oz bottle.I did get a couple bottles of ZDDP and a case of Brad Penn from Summit.

Wow $22.00 for 4 oz. I'll pass on that for sure. I've been running Valvoline Vr1 20w-50 for many years w/o any issues. I run Roller cams but my 69 Hemi RR has a solid cam so I add extra stp oil treatment in it for extra protection.

watch out for some diesel specific oils looking for zddp. they also have other additives that may not be gas engine friendly. I do believe they are very high in sulfur compounds. Just from what I "heard"...... more research is needed certainly.

Diesel engines #1 killer is dirt. The air they breathe and the oils used must be clean!
The Big deal with on the road diesel truck oils is that some of the things taken out of gas engine oils are not required to be removed from the diesel engines, due to lack of pollution control and electronic engine management systems and the associated sensors. Now with that said, the trouble we run into with our gasoline engines is in fact these very components removed are still needed for non roller cam engines. I don’t believe in the statement opinions that "diesel" oils are bad for our gasoline engines. I would agree with someone that says not to use it in modern engines, but that's not what were interested in with our older cars " non pollution control"! All oils start out the same and get different additives put in, and other components removed. Most of these deciding factors are done for us by the API and this is driven from the government agencies like the EPA and a whole group of tree hugging lobbyist.
This is what I remember from Years ago when they tried to educate me....LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back