• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you buy?

which one would you buy?

• Total voters
My first car, a 66 Belvedere was yellow with black top and interior. Only yellow car I've had but not because I don't like the color...I do. I have a red 2500 and had a red 67 Dart and both had dead paint jobs. The paint job on the truck died when it was only a few years old and so did the Dart's. No more red if I can help it....

That isint to reassuring, paint going dead.. Im finding more and more that the clear coat they put on now a days (AT FACTORY) seems to go quicker then it should, Ive seen cars as young as 7-8 years with clear coat peeling, I know its nearing a decade but some original paint jobs from the 60s seem to survive better. My Ram is a 97 and the clear is gone from the roof along with most of the paint, the hood is missing some of both and im working now to fix that. I wonder what paint they used in the 60s,70s. I used acrylic enamel thinking that would be close to the older kind of paint. That and it was cheaper then base/clear. :)

Is the red likely to win more at shows vs the yellow due to color?

yellow, I've had red trucks most of 30 years.

yellow is my pick love that color on 69 runner matches my 68 barracuda

Tough choice.....

I love the ragtops..... and have three. One silver, one red and one white.

Of the two pictured I think the yellow is the better choice... The red looks like it was restored by a chevy guy. The black on the hood is way to shiny and the whole car just looks to be a little off.

You'll have fun no matter what you choose......

That isint to reassuring, paint going dead.. Im finding more and more that the clear coat they put on now a days (AT FACTORY) seems to go quicker then it should, Ive seen cars as young as 7-8 years with clear coat peeling, I know its nearing a decade but some original paint jobs from the 60s seem to survive better. My Ram is a 97 and the clear is gone from the roof along with most of the paint, the hood is missing some of both and im working now to fix that. I wonder what paint they used in the 60s,70s. I used acrylic enamel thinking that would be close to the older kind of paint. That and it was cheaper then base/clear. :)
Red dies faster than most other colors. My 67 Dart was wearing the original color which was red acrylic enamel. Tough on road chips tho. I know GM had a problem with white base/clear system years back and Ford did too. I think Chrysler probably had the better luck. My 95 Dakota is just now losing it's clear and base but it's not surface rusting yet. It's emerald green and has never been kept inside.

Is the red likely to win more at shows vs the yellow due to color?
I was a show judge for two years back in 2000-2001 and judged paint jobs based on quality, not color. Anyone who judges points based on color should be banned from judging. Only if the car is entered as being totally original or original restored classes should be judged based on color as in points taken away if the color has been changed.

Red dies faster than most other colors. My 67 Dart was wearing the original color which was red . Tough on road chips tho. I know GM had a problem with white base/clear system years back and Ford did too. I think Chrysler probably had the better luck. My 95 Dakota is just now losing it's clear and base but it's not surface rusting yet. It's emerald green and has never been kept inside.

I was a show judge for two years back in 2000-2001 and judged paint jobs based on quality, not color. Anyone who judges points based on color should be banned from judging. Only if the car is entered as being totally original or original restored classes should be judged based on color as in points taken away if the color has been changed.

Well, Im hoping mine lasts for awhile it does sit inside so that should help, your Dart was the same acrylic enamel, Did it fade or something else?

Resale red for me. :toothy6:
:hello2::hello2::hello2: YUP RED RED RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The brighter the better for me, if you can't hear my car from a half mile you'll still see it. :)

Maybe it's because the the beach house in the back set the mood or cuz I just woke up but the yellow RR is super classy to me rightnow.. Plus All you see is Red RR's so Yellow it's is!

I say yellow too. Too many red ones, and I like to have something different than everybody else (hence I have a powder blue Mopar)

between those 2?
the yellow one
the gloss stripe on the red car makes me want to puke....

I don't like both colours too much but would rather take R4 than Y2

Carsten

Auto Transport Service
Back