• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White 70 Roadrunner project

RRunner70

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
This is my project 70 roadrunner has original paint on it. Needs a few parts but that will change. Not sure on how I will go back with it but it came with an extra airgrabber hood . Still not sold on how the white interior and white paint will look but it had the black on the hood in the middle so maybe that will help break up all the white. Also it had rocker mouldings and upper door belt trim kinda different for a roadrunner I would think ?

Attachments

• DSCF2622.jpg
    DSCF2622.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,474
i am really liking that car. i think i would even stick with the white interior

White interior would look good, Id love that white with a black vinyl top. Good luck with it Looks like a great start!!

70 Bird

I think it will look great restored back original. Did you get the seats are any of the interior? And be sure and get the extra hood , they are not cheap. Good Looking project Ronnie

This is my project 70 roadrunner has original paint on it. Needs a few parts but that will change. Not sure on how I will go back with it but it came with an extra airgrabber hood . Still not sold on how the white interior and white paint will look but it had the black on the hood in the middle so maybe that will help break up all the white. Also it had rocker mouldings and upper door belt trim kinda different for a roadrunner I would think ?

black stripe hood with black vynl top:headbang: GOOD find

Oh Yeah, great color combo, or should I say lack of color! I like them in white. Did it have a vinyl top? Is the interior white over black or is the white mixed with something else inside, like tan?

Oh Yeah, great color combo, or should I say lack of color! I like them in white. Did it have a vinyl top? Is the interior white over black or is the white mixed with something else inside, like tan?

It came from the factory without a vinyl top but was added some time later in black. Seats,door panels and head liner were white and a black dash black seatbelts and black carpet. I guess the too much white made the owner add the vinyl top ?

The pic is from when I bought it last year I have been buying parts for it since then such as the bucket seats (still missing the driver side seat track), grill parts, air grabber stuff, radio, side marker lights, and a bunch of other parts that I dont remeber. I figure I should try to have all the parts for it before I do anything else.:ufo:

love it white and all

Usually Im not big on white but this is unique you dont often see white ones plus it has the cool roadrunner dust strip on the side. I have never seen a white one at any of the shows I have ever been at lots of other colors but never white. But it is your car do what makes you happy, painted my car black and it seems to attract dust but I love the color on a b-body car. Best wishes on this nice car:headbang:

Very unusual color combo-be sharp when it's done.

It came from the factory without a vinyl top but was added some time later in black. Seats,door panels and head liner were white and a black dash black seatbelts and black carpet. I guess the too much white made the owner add the vinyl top ?

The pic is from when I bought it last year I have been buying parts for it since then such as the bucket seats (still missing the driver side seat track), grill parts, air grabber stuff, radio, side marker lights, and a bunch of other parts that I dont remeber. I figure I should try to have all the parts for it before I do anything else.:ufo:

Very kool car, any good interior pics? I'll keep my eyes open for the driver side seat track for you, in fact I know someone who has recently picked up a `70 4-door that will be parted out, seat tracks should be the same, right?

Very kool car, any good interior pics? I'll keep my eyes open for the driver side seat track for you, in fact I know someone who has recently picked up a `70 4-door that will be parted out, seat tracks should be the same, right?

Thanks for the helpfull comments and advice !
The driver side seat tracks im missing is for the bucket seat so the 4 door car isint gonna help but thanks !!:wav:

Wow, a white 70 RR is very cool....see lots of Super Birds in white, but not too many 70 RR's in that color.

FYI I had a '69 Bee a few years back that was all white, except for the rear rump stripe in black, like your RR, and I wondered how that ride would look restored as it was in primer at the time.

love it, triple white: body,top, interior!!! sweet!!:icon_fU: oh put the poverty dish hub caps with white steely rims!!:headbang:

love it, triple white: body,top, interior!!! sweet!!:icon_fU: oh put the poverty dish hub caps with white steely rims!!:headbang:

Ok here are some questions that would help me decide on what I want to do to the car.
My Roadrunner will be painted white with no vinyl top (vinyl top that was on it was added on later) and a white interior it will have the blacked out hood treatment.
Now my question is put on an the original go wing I have in the garrage and ruin the trunk with holes or sell the go wing and dont ruin the trunk ( good trunk lids are very hard to find not rusted).
Next question run the 15x7 Rallies I have in the garrage or run 15x7 painted white steel wheels with poverty caps?
Thanks!
Dave

Any one have any pics of a white 70 Roadrunner to post here?

Not mine, but found this online, and shows what your white RR might look like with poverty caps..

http://www.gephartclassics.com/70rr.htm

I wouldn't cut up any nice OEM part to install a part on it that wasn't there before, but I'm probably in the minority here.

Auto Transport Service
Back