• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This changes things...

Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I didn't know which category to post this in. This seemed most appropriate. About 3 months ago my brother-in-law in Missouri told me that he has been passing by an old Plymouth for years and always thought of me. He pulled into the driveway one day and snuck a couple of pictures. Ask me if I wanted him to knock on the door and ask if it was for sale. Soon as I saw what was in the pictures I told him that I couldn't justify the expense of a roadrunner at the time. The next week he called and said the price was $1,600. I had my brother-in-law take a picture of the VIN number on the door to confirm that it was a 1973 roadrunner but at that price it really didn't matter. I wired the money and my brother-in-law has the title. I watched Uncle Tony's garage last night when he was showing off his 1973 Roadrunner. He pointed out Roadrunner door panels on his car. He said if they have the square trim you may not be looking at a roadrunner. My door panels have the square chrome trim on them and cute little Chrome designs in the middle of the seats. I had my brother-in-law send me a picture of the title and even though the door VIN number was an RM the title was an RH. That explains me thinking the car had been repainted from its rally red to the white that it is now. I'm still excited to get the car when we head back to Missouri at the end of April. Yeah I'm definitely bummed out ! It will still be a nice car when I'm finished but I will not hold true to the numbers that I thought I was going to follow. My last satellite was a 72 with a roadrunner Hood and I always wanted a personalized license plate for it that said PLACEBO. Here is my chance!

14733.jpeg

Screenshot_20240213-153551_Message+.jpg

14681.jpeg

18103.jpeg

15264.jpeg

18101.jpeg

18100.jpeg

1600 bucks?!

That’s a score if it were a base model with no engine or interior and some rust holes.

Hmmmm....the bezel looks right for the car, but the speedometer you showed is not. Here are a couple of images pulled from the web of a '77 and a '73. Note the differences in fonts, not to mention the 'CERTIFIED' which a '73 Rallye cluster wouldn't have.....

77cop.JPG

73RR.JPG

No doubt someone swapped out the speedometer head.

Great looking project. RH or RM what does it matter. Clean it up, get it running and driving. Modify/change what ever you want to make it your own. But most of all, have fun

Well I guess old Uncle Tony may need to update his data base. This is a door card photo of a known, unmolested, 1973 RR that I restored a few years back. It has the "square" trim. Both door cards were original to the car.

1708137501412.png

Last edited:
Just an add on. That speedo may have come from a police car as that is where most "CERTIFIED" speedometers end up.

You got a great deal. Does the wood grain piece above the glove box have 2 or 3 vents?

And yes... The wing will not be anywhere near the car come paint time. Until then it will be turned around so it's not backwards!!!

If you can duplicate it in your driveway… is it really a different “model”?

Never believe anything Tony says.... at least triple check with others :) Great deal on the car...

IIRC an "RH" car should have come with a "sweep" speedometer.

IMO someone has parted an RR onto this Satellite.

The OP's biggest issue is going to be obtaining a title for the car with the correct VIN, which will be compounded since the odometer has been swapped out (IE "tampered with").

Worst case scenario- nice parts car with a lot of RR parts for a decent price.

73/74 RR parts have gone up quite a bit in the past few years.

IIRC an "RH" car should have come with a "sweep" speedometer.

IMO someone has parted an RR onto this Satellite.

The OP's biggest issue is going to be obtaining a title for the car with the correct VIN, which will be compounded since the odometer has been swapped out (IE "tampered with").

Worst case scenario- nice parts car with a lot of RR parts for a decent price.

73/74 RR parts have gone up quite a bit in the past few years.
He has the title. If the title VIN matches the dash VIN he is good to go as somebody may of changed the door. As far as odometer in most states when the cars get that old they are odometer exempt. So miles and changes mean nothing.

Auto Transport Service
Back