• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’s doing what in the off-season.

Getting there.
Liberty parts seem to be top quality.

C6360FA1-515A-40D0-BDD2-D64F4598BB4E.jpeg
F828618B-91AE-4FC6-9ED9-E986B53A0747.jpeg

I guess it’s still off season for me. Magnolia won’t be open till at least the 12th, Quaker City maybe this weekend. I was shooting for this weekend but don’t think I’ll make it.

I did get my clutch switch mounted today. I’ve been stewing over this for months, so it’s really a load off my mind. I don’t do to well with a blank canvas. There’s still some extra material that needs trimmed after I make sure it works, but I think it will give me all the adjustment I need.
Now I’ll have to figure out the circuitry.

52EF0B15-D5DB-4427-B53C-C12130622DCF.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess it’s still off season for me. Magnolia won’t be open till at least the 12th, Quaker City maybe this weekend. I was shooting for this weekend but don’t think I’ll make it.

I did get my clutch switch mounted today. I’ve been stewing over this for months, so it’s really a load off my mind. I don’t do to well with a blank canvas. There’s still some extra material that needs trimmed after I make sure it works, but I think it will give me all the adjustment I need.
Now I’ll have to figure out the circuitry.

View attachment 1460202
—-
Is that like a micro switch for your 2 step? I’ve never seen a switch like that b4

—-
Is that like a micro switch for your 2 step? I’ve never seen a switch like that b4
Yes I am switching from an orange box to an MSD with a 2 step. I want to use it to cancel the line lock also.
The switch is an Omron. It was suggested on another forum.

ya
Yes I am switching from an orange box to an MSD with a 2 step. I want to use it to cancel the line lock also.
The switch is an Omron. It was suggested on another forum.
i’ve never seen that type of micro switch design before. But I’ve done the same thing with a 2 step.
Before I started racing the Plymouth I took my other car to the track one time and I had done the same set up. It worked as planned on the launch. My stick style of driving is with the right foot stuck to the floor through the gears. What I didn’t like was that with the micro switch when I pounded a gear the micro would kill the motor momentarily when the pedal hit it. I should have also added a switch on the first gear shift lever on the trans so it only worked while in 1st gear. I would imagine it effected my ET somewhat. What bugged me more was the distinct momentary silence on each shift. Like a granny shifter.
That car only ever made 3 passes as it was faster than 11.5 and was told to get a bar.
But you’ll like the set up. My clutch pedal stop I had on the z bar.
Good luck!

Edit: thinking about a switch on the 1st gear shift lever, I guess that would still trigger the 2 step during the first/second shift. There must be a better way like a default reset switch.

Last edited:
ya

i’ve never seen that type of micro switch design before. But I’ve done the same thing with a 2 step.
Before I started racing the Plymouth I took my other car to the track one time and I had done the same set up. It worked as planned on the launch. My stick style of driving is with the right foot stuck to the floor through the gears. What I didn’t like was that with the micro switch when I pounded a gear the micro would kill the motor momentarily when the pedal hit it. I should have also added a switch on the first gear shift lever on the trans so it only worked while in 1st gear. I would imagine it effected my ET somewhat. What bugged me more was the distinct momentary silence on each shift. Like a granny shifter.
That car only ever made 3 passes as it was faster than 11.5 and was told to get a bar.
But you’ll like the set up. My clutch pedal stop I had on the z bar.
Good luck!

Edit: thinking about a switch on the 1st gear shift lever, I guess that would still trigger the 2 step during the first/second shift. There must be a better way like a default reset switch.
I’ve seen a couple of different solutions, one involving a timed relay.
My head hurts thinking about it.

I want to be able to bump into the light’s with the line loc on so that’s another thing.

IT’s an industrial type switch. I think there is just a plain micro switch in the base, with a plunger in the main housing. The rotary thing is added to the top and the arm is adjustable for position.
It has 4 wires coming out of it.
I bought 2 of them off eBay for about $70

I’ve seen a couple of different solutions, one involving a timed relay.
My head hurts thinking about it.

I want to be able to bump into the light’s with the line loc on so that’s another thing.
Yeah there’s ways to get around that for sure. Bumping in to second stage, I try to flicker the light like the pros but have only accomplished that a couple of times. Wookie is good at flashing the 2nd bulb but he’s a pro.

Last repair before heading to the track today for test / tune.

Quickie repair to my glass hood. No it’s not pretty, but it will keep it from coming apart at speed.

So far stuff seems to be working well.
Car is launching well although the clutch is slipping too much. Working on adjusting that.

A8134A6B-953D-4F4A-AECB-AF2D7781F63B.jpeg

With the season opener a week away it was time to get at it. Hopefully no issues.

IMG_7693.jpeg

IMG_7692.jpeg

IMG_7691.jpeg

—-
Finally. I was getting ready to come and do it myself haha. See you soon.
Thanks. Other priorities this winter ate up a bulk of my time. So the garage work was placed on the back burner.
Hopefully all is well on your end too! See you on the weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back