• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

^^^^ Being raised in SW Ga. I can tell you the S E US is HUMID> IF no wind it is bad. East of the Ms up around MO is more humid, the more west of Mo the lles humid and generally more wind. Comfort zone in summer is lower temp less humidity and more wind. I lived in Mo for 37 years.
Yes it does snow some in St Lois and yes ice.

Hey Kern, have you considered the Sho Low or Pinetree area?

Hey Kern, have you considered the Sho Low or Pinetree area?
I'm not familiar with those areas. FRom what I have seen of Arizona, it is too dry, not enough grass and trees.

I haven't ruled out Texas but they sure do get some weather events!

My sister moved from Minnesota to Texas years ago. Her stories of the weather down there are pretty brutal. The nasty ice storms and the legendary heat in the summer. Tornadoes and just about everything else. She lives in Dallas. If I moved to the great state of Texas I would go for the hill country near Austin. It’s really pretty there. Austin is however the liberal centerpiece of the state.

I have a friend in Bandera. I look at the weather there and in Tennessee every day.

Lotta nice areas in Texas, Austin would be great if they could get rid of all the Californians... Wait! What? LOL.... I kinda like the Waco area... DFW is wayyyy to crowded...

I've been permanently in Texas for over a year, I am an escapee from the Soviet Republic of California. I am now in heaven. Here's what I tell everyone:

Please do not move here. All the horrible stories are true. Terrible weather, nasty people, a hellhole. Cost of living is outrageous. The bbq is lousy, and there is no empty space left. None. There's no guns and no economic freedom. Please do not move here.

:bs:

Truth: it is a massive size state, 68% larger than CA. If you are selective and know where to live then the weather is great. The cities are cities, so they suck; the rest of the state is empty and beautiful. The bbq is the best, the people are too nice to be true, very reasonable COL, everyone has multiple guns, we all hunt and fish. (The state requires you buy a gun when you move in!) (well that last one is not quite true).

Freedom is everywhere. No income tax, the other taxes are quite acceptable, roads are excellent, government actually functions. Gas was $1.15, back up to $1.63.

So please do not move here. Thank you.

Don't worry about me, worry about austin contaminating the rest of the state. The same thing happened to california; it too was once a red state, you know...

My sister moved from Minnesota to Texas years ago. Her stories of the weather down there are pretty brutal. The nasty ice storms and the legendary heat in the summer. Tornadoes and just about everything else. She lives in Dallas. If I moved to the great state of Texas I would go for the hill country near Austin. It’s really pretty there. Austin is however the liberal centerpiece of the state.
Hill Country is great and EXPENSIVE!!!! Hot low humidity wind blows a little.. But maybe not for left coasters!!!! lol

Lotta nice areas in Texas, Austin would be great if they could get rid of all the Californians... Wait! What? LOL.... I kinda like the Waco area... DFW is wayyyy to crowded...
Waco? I like it but best not be allergic to cotton defoliant.

I lived in Missouri 37 years. I can buy 4-5 ac in the country there for every 1 ac here in S E Tx. Too friggin many people here.

I think the real thing is staying the hell away from CITIES period! Ohio isn't known for anything of great significance but up hear in the Appalachia area it's just beautiful, rolling hills, green forest for as far as you can see, low traffic, creeks, rivers, lakes, great hunting, etc. I was fortunate enough to be raised in what is now considered heaven to me. It's not always the state, city, etc, it's finding that perfect match. Myself I'm at least an hour from the closest small city and at least 2 hours from every major city, that's the difference, the trash tend to flock to the cities.

I have a friend in Bandera. I look at the weather there and in Tennessee every day.
Have you been to Bandera? I have and also have a friend who wanted to move there. Last I checked, Bandera is extremely small population (761 as of 2019) and mostly a cowboy rodeo town. That's cool with me (my parents both grew up in a rodeo town (Cody, Wyoming)) and I myself hunt and fish, but if it were me I'd get pretty bored living in a place like that.

Have you been to Bandera? I have and also have a friend who wanted to move there. Last I checked, Bandera is extremely small population (761 as of 2019) and mostly a cowboy rodeo town. That's cool with me (my parents both grew up in a rodeo town (Cody, Wyoming)) and I myself hunt and fish, but if it were me I'd get pretty bored living in a place like that.
Thats what makes our country so great, people like me love the country and everything rural, and others require a Pizza Hut just down the block!!! We have 1 traffic light in the county that is 1 too many for me. They put it there for when school lets out!!!

Bandera is a freaking metropolis. It has 3 traffic lights along Main Street! (the only 3 in the whole county). Main St. is also the state highway route, so there can be traffic delays and gridlock (up to one full minute). It has a Domino's pizza (but balanced with three local mom-n-pop pizza places). Too much city life for many people.

What Bandera does have are lots of honky tonks, the best one being Arkey Blue's, since 1968 (or 1940 or 1921, depending on who is counting). Willie Nelson gets his Shiner Bock on at Arkey's. It is one of the last cowboy towns on the planet.

We have everything you could ever want in food and shopping and drive 10 miles and never be seen again. It doesn't get better than that.

Auto Transport Service
Back