• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who hates SNOW ?

Born in Minnesota, moved to the southwest.
Snow seems to follow.
IMAG0079.jpg

Snow, what snow, unusually absent from Colorado so far this year. We have had .1 inches and Denver has had .3 inches. Wednesday, we get hurricane force or greater winds and blowing dust with the possibility of power outages, flying debris, and falling trees!

Absolutely hate snow, been dealing with it my whole life and would not break my heart if I never see another snowfall....ever! Maybe after I retire I will feel differently about it but I doubt it.

I've been retired for almost 13 years and every year since, I like it more and more. Cars are all inside, don't have to go or be anywhere, Durango is AWD and I love the look of a blanket of snow as far as the eye can see.

I love the quiet after a good snow. I hate the cold and got that way after running wreckers for many years in it.. Folks don’t know how to drive.. If you love it I get it. I never will forget deer hunting in heavy snow with my buddies, it was beautiful but I still like being warm..

This has been my snow machine since my father-in-law passed. As well off as he was, always very frugal with his money. I think this was the first truck he bought new in '91. Plain as could be, no A/C and manual he drove year round. Nice brick-like ride. We share a 1/4 mile long driveway; eventually I took over the plowing chores when he no longer could. Been a hassle due to aging; but it's like an heirloom now...and the stick is great for plowing. Go figure, it's 54 degrees here today! Lol, this will change soon.

Plow .jpg

Didn't hate it when younger; winter 83-84 on beach in Daytona FL, kinda strange then. NOW @ 57, understand the whole "snow bird" thing. Don't mind it if going no where for few days, giving time to melt away, but driving in it SUCKS!!! We USUALLY don't ge much in South Jersey like others.

I hate snow. I grew up where there may be a couple of dustings a year at worst 1" to 2" at a time. Now I live where we get several 1' to 2' snows a year. I have heard shoveling it is a major cause of heart attacks every year.

Don't know about you in central IL; but WI forecast is 60-70 mph winds and it's 62 degrees now!

another 8-12"s tonight

bugger :BangHead:

Responding to Ron H's post #54 "Don't know about you in central IL; but WI forecast is 60-70 mph winds and it's 62 degrees now!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear you Ron, 65 here now, cloudy & damp. Low 40s tonight, not bad but thunderstorms & winds to 55mph, not good. Batten down the hatches!

Last edited:
I must say
I'd much rather have snow than
Hurricanes or Tornados

ski resorts are loving it
tourism BS loves it too
lots of people make a living around or off it

I did see a bunch of tourist snow bunnies down in town
tight lil' spandex outfits on a properly proportionate lady
but;
they're a lil' early still

It's still the Devils dandruff, evil stuff

Don't hate snow but it does that so often here.....not. Heck, it's 80 degrees here again and is supposed to be for the rest of the week then dive bomb again for the weekend. The trees are budding out again.

Snow, what snow, unusually absent from Colorado so far this year. We have had .1 inches and Denver has had .3 inches. Wednesday, we get hurricane force or greater winds and blowing dust with the possibility of power outages, flying debris, and falling trees!

We had a bit of snow this morning when that front hit. At around 11:am I actually felt some tremors when I was in the bedroom on the second floor. I haven't gone out to survey the damage but on the news, it looks bad. One would think a 70-foot tall pine tree would have a bigger root system but It's pretty small.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/wind-uproots-70-foot-pine-tree-that-crashes-onto-roof-of-englewood-home/

Auto Transport Service
Back