• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who hates SNOW ?

mama and her fawn looking for cover. Ran down my fence line to the road and hemmed and hawed around and changed their minds and ran back up the field to the big woods. Nice looking deer. About 150 feet away. They listened to me talking on the back porch and didn't spook.

20211220_110528.jpg
20211220_110536(0).jpg
20211220_110542(1).jpg
20211220_110547(0).jpg

18b26325c958c065d1417d91f10bc5d855611887.jpg

one more snow storm on the way for this weekend, can't wait to put out the outdoor furniture.

Right now we are at a total of 178 inches. Yup about 15 feet has fallen so far. More to come.

Right now we are at a total of 178 inches. More to come.

We got more comin' too on Saturday, BUT it's only gonna be a coating to 3 inches (at least right now but that could change too). We had 3 inches but most of it melted already......
snow-1a-jpg.jpg

snow-1-jpg.jpg

snow-2-jpg.jpg

snow-3-jpg.jpg

Got 12-18" coming over the weekend here. But mid 40's -high 50's next week so it won't stay long.

Despise it and hate winter, its so damn depressing. If my family wasn't from Iowa and we didn't have the family farm here, I would move South for sure, maybe Tennessee or Texas.

Hate it after dealing with it for 50 years. No more of that crap!

kinda funny this thread got revived now! I was just shop
20211226_104807[1].jpg
ping new skis for my beast! this week I was bitching about the price for a pool filter cap $50 for a little piece of plastic, now a little more plastic is going to cost $500. I'm sick of cutting and trimming grass bring on the ice and snow!

Been thru it all growing up and living in Minnesota til 28 - paper boys we used to deliver the paper inside everyone’s doors no matter what the weather. Will never forget the -80* day (with wind chill) snow up to our belly buttons plowing thru on foot delivering the papers. All of us fighting over who got to wear my dads gloves made from the paws and forearms of a bear. They kept you warm all the way up to the shoulders. There was lots of fun in the snow back then and that was just the way it was so we didn’t know any better. Later on college, after college it wasn’t the snow that bothered me so much as the constant gray skies. Got to where October hit so did depression of sorts. I was short lived in Chicago and then on to Denver - thought I died and went to heaven. Sure we got some snow, sometimes huge storms but sunshine nearly every day and snow disappeared as fast as it came. For a Minnesotan, Colorado was far, far from being cold - even at its worst. Then got shipped to SoCal with the best Mediterranean weather you’ll find in North America - but as we all know it’s also become a sewer of other issues. Perfect weather isn’t everything in life. Trying to find my next and likely last stop - unlikely it will have much if any snow tho. Maybe a little but not much. I‘m okay with reasonable cold but not much interested in the white stuff any more.

I loved Saturday morning paper delivery after a big powdery snow. 5AM was peaceful, felt like I had the whole neighborhood to myself. Almanac is calling for more snow this year. Can't wait to get my sled out and take my daughter for a cruise.

getting the tractor dressed for winter with chains and cab is about the hardest part of it for me! I like when the pool is closed and the leaves are done! yup I said it "Leaves coming soon", ****!
x500 chain install.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back