• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is NOT eating turkey on Thanksgiving?

I only like Turkey because it holds stuffing.
Going to have prime rib as the main course. My stepdaughter holds the end cuts for her husband and I. I agree with "His Dickness" , Gravy is what makes the bird go down ! Happy T day all.

It's all about the stuffing for me with the gravy. Can you send me a cup full?

That steak is overdone for sure, I like mine rare, the only reason I cook them a bit is to kill anything on the surface.
Some think it's gross but yet never tried steak that way, oh well more for me.

Turkey is over rated, dull and bland. I'll double up on the corn, green beans, mash potato's, noodles and ham if they have it.

Friends of ours dropped off a cajun-spiced deep-fried bird last night. It was still sizzling. I grabbed the nearest knife and went to town. My wife was out of the house. Hopefully this one isn't the lead actor in today's performance. Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission...

Back to the point- i agree plain old turkey can be bland. AND I might not be eating turkey today cause I had my share last night!

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 223
Turkey with a tennessee country ham and all the fixins. But I have a special mix of butter and spices that get injected into the bird several times while cooking.

How about being a bit creative with the the bird this year, give the kids a treat....
chickenteddy.jpg

chickenteddy.jpg

That steak is overdone for sure, I like mine rare, the only reason I cook them a bit is to kill anything on the surface.
Some think it's gross but yet never tried steak that way, oh well more for me.
I worked at a slaughterhouse for 6 years. I don't do rare. It's possible the pics don't do it justice, but I have to have it at least a bit done in the center. I don't want to see the whip marks from the jockey beating on it ! I will admit to eating venison a bit more rare.

Once A year is good for me , but what's Thanksgiving without turkey. Defrosting the bird as I type . Aloha from Hawaii and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Mopar friends, C

Maholo

I have a good MMA friend "Dave" and lives in Kailua I believe few blocks off the beach.

Pork and Sauerkraut today. Had Turkey on Sunday.

I love a good steak now and then. But when it is still "MMMOOOOING", it ain't cooked. Don't need a case of Salmonella. Grew up having to eat beef that way thanks to a Dad that was a Beef Tartar kind of person. Hell my Mom would touch it if it wasn't at least medium well. A little pink is fine but that steak there just ain't cooked enough...At least for my liking. Enjoy either way and Happy Thanksgiving to all...cr8crshr/Tuck

Nothing like a good side door of venison on thanksgiving. Lean and already tenderized.....

Sorry I know its off topic.... but with the injection of deer makes me think of my neighbor. He's all hunter! 20,000.00 ATV, 50,000.00 4 wheel drive truck, paid a neighbor 3000 to build a blind, has probably 13 guns, has a smaller 5,000.00 ATV for his son, pays 3000 or so for his "deer lease", and of course has all the requisite deer camo gear. He brings home these scrawny TEXAS 120 lb deer with 6-8 points and brags about what a good hunt he had. I'm always telling him in Tinhuh CEE where I come from a GOOD kill is 250 PLUS! since he THINKS he knows more about hunting than me (because I don't brag on it) I don't know what I'm talking about so I send him a picture a friend took of his SUV after he hit a 260ish on the street. ( he dud'nt care for that much).

ron white .... deer hunt

We had just the four of us, so the lovely missus cooked up a 12-pound turkey, along with stuffing, cranberry sauce (am I the only one who likes that?), green bean casserole (yummy!), mac and cheese, and pecan pie. I don't do pecan pie, though! Got everything set out, said Grace, then put on Arlo Guthrie's "Thanksgiving Day Massacree"...all 18:30 of it! We start eating at the beginning of the song, and are normally done at the end of the song! Timed it perfectly this year, too. Fun times.

Christmas time is when we we have a smoked ham. And that is soooo good!

We had just the four of us, so the lovely missus cooked up a 12-pound turkey, along with stuffing, cranberry sauce (am I the only one who likes that?), green bean casserole (yummy!), mac and cheese, and pecan pie. I don't do pecan pie, though! Got everything set out, said Grace, then put on Arlo Guthrie's "Thanksgiving Day Massacree"...all 18:30 of it! We start eating at the beginning of the song, and are normally done at the end of the song! Timed it perfectly this year, too. Fun times.

Christmas time is when we we have a smoked ham. And that is soooo good!
Great song (?), but the movie version sucked. My favorite part is the group W bench.

Auto Transport Service
Back