• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is NOT eating turkey on Thanksgiving?

Posted some time ago by another member....who wants stuffing?

upload_2018-11-21_11-54-52.png

:lol:

The wife and my kids do thanksgiving at our house on wednesday every year. has become a tradition. my daughter is 19 and she can cook as well as my wife. South Georgia girl. anyway thats our traditional thanksgiving meal. then thursday at noon we go to the family hunting land and we are having steaks and all the trimmings with my brother, sister, mom and dad and all our families. all the guys will hunt thursday morning and afternoon.
got a room I could rent or a shop I could live in?? I'll even keep your yard mowed! :D

Posted some time ago by another member....who wants stuffing?

View attachment 681386

:lol:
Oh geez....that's almost Blue Room material! lol

Rebel eats two 20 pound turkeys a month, mixed with his kibble........ he has ruined turkey for me, I told the old lady to cook a lasagna

We have turkey and ham. No seasoning on anything they hide the salt like it's poison. One year the turkey was so dry I spent an hour getting splinters out of my mouth!

I do the turkey every thanksgiving. Never in the oven. Brined over night. Then my secret rub and smoked for 6 hours over apple wood. Last years offering.

IMG_0170.JPG

We have turkey and ham. No seasoning on anything they hide the salt like it's poison. One year the turkey was so dry I spent an hour getting splinters out of my mouth!
Have you ever fried one in peanut oil? Oh man....I'm by myself now and thought about doing one but ended up giving the bird away yesterday evening. The oil is probably too old now anyway but man, it's good and it's moist too so long as you don't use too much heat and/or cook too long.

We have our Turkey for Christmas day dinner...and I look forward to it each year.
:xscuseless:

Here's the scraps from last year.....
upload_2018-11-21_14-34-53.png

Summer time when we have Christmas....so eating a load is harder to do...yet somehow we manage to do it each year. :lol:

We do something a little different in the West household - we like Cornish Game hens with agrautin potatoes and asparagus. They’re obviously small so we each have our own. Don’t really cook it any special way. I just bake them in stand up contraptions with a simple salt and pepper rub. Delicious little things and you don’t over eat. Christmas is the big holiday with the family in Minneapolis - that’s where we do the whole turkey and stuffing thing.

1-IMG_2945.JPG
Turkey,stuffed mushrooms, caramelized onions, marshmallow sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes,corn quiche.There's other things couldn't fit it on the plate last year. This year I'm making a honey baked spiral cut ham and a turkey breast. with all the trimmings.
How bless we all are. There are so many people out there that are suffering. I always make it a point to donate a couple bags of groceries when I go shopping for this day of thanks. God bless all my Mopar Brothers and sisters Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Have you ever fried one in peanut oil? Oh man....I'm by myself now and thought about doing one but ended up giving the bird away yesterday evening. The oil is probably too old now anyway but man, it's good and it's moist too so long as you don't use too much heat and/or cook too long.
Yes I have fried several and I really enjoyed them but in laws are in charge of turkey day

Eat or drink?

t008210421_1.jpg

No, not me.

My wife and I smoked a small turkey Saturday....
It was hard to keep it lit. :bananaweed:
Just kidding :poke:
Anyway the weather was cold and damp Friday evening when we started it, but cool and clearer weather Saturday. It smoked about 18 hours at appx 220°
Used garlic butter injection marinade.
I took it out right before I left for the last racing event at Gulfport Dragway. It was hard to leave due to mandatory "quality control testing"....
So Thanksgiving is a work shift (12 hrs) for her, and my plans are to visit my parents and work on (hopefully fix) my 3x2 Holley carbs.
ROAST BEEF is what my mom is cooking and hopefully enough for leftovers (for ROAST BEEF sandwiches!)
By the way, our smoked turkeys come out AWESOME, even the white meat is very very juicy. Having said that, a properly FRIED turkey is a real treat too!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope to definitely have turkey. That'd be like not having corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's day

Well turkey is again on the menu ! But I have two ducks that are getting to fat where they can't hardly walk! So I think we're adding duck to the menu this year every year I get asked when were eating one and every year I say no . But I think the humane thing to do is eat them!
I litaliter got to carry these two from there pen to the pond so they can swim (get exercise!) Doesn't seem to help ! Oh well
"They will be smiling happy ! "

Someone will get that quote!

We have a turkey and a ham with all the fixings at thanksgiving. At Christmas we have home made noodles and roast and ham.

Auto Transport Service
Back