• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is NOT eating turkey on Thanksgiving?

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Eating turkey has long been a tradition at Thanksgiving, So who is skipping the bird?

I’m not the biggest fan of turkey,so my wife will also have Roast Pork,Eggplant,lasagna, & lovely Honeybaked ham..... My kids want turkey and all the fixin’s.

Is Mario having Steak?

Once A year is good for me , but what's Thanksgiving without turkey. Defrosting the bird as I type . Aloha from Hawaii and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Mopar friends, C

I love turkey & stuffing as long as it's smothered in my wife's home made gravy. Her gravy is lick the plate delicious. Of course, my mother taught her how to make it & she improved the recipe.

I hate the store bought crap gravy.

Once A year is good for me , but what's Thanksgiving without turkey. Defrosting the bird as I type . Aloha from Hawaii and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Mopar friends, C

I'd rather have a Nene, but yea we're having Turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

I only like Turkey because it holds stuffing.
Going to have prime rib as the main course. My stepdaughter holds the end cuts for her husband and I. I agree with "His Dickness" , Gravy is what makes the bird go down ! Happy T day all.

We still do the traditional turkey, the oh so delicious honeybaked ham and my uncle from Romania is making lamb.

{oh and btw, steaks will be on saturday Brad :headbang:}

Sonny is having the bird.....rather have a BF Ribeye Steak.....rib eye steaks grilled 4 min each side are full of flavor, moist, and melt in your mouth.......

I don't want the bird I want real food I want a steak!

Sonny is having the bird.....rather have a BF Ribeye Steak.....rib eye steaks grilled 4 min each side are full of flavor, moist, and melt in your mouth.......

I don't want the bird I want real food I want a steak!

something like this, Sonny??

Perfect Ribeye-1.jpg

Perfect Ribeye.jpg

Perfect Ribeye-1.jpg Perfect Ribeye.jpg

I'm roasting our Turkey on the grill over lump charcoal and Hickory wood. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Stuffed too. It'll take about five hours to do. I hope I have enough beerfor five hours? Oh Oh! Happy Thanksgiving to you all. No matter what you're having!

We have a tradition (me and my sons), every year we trek down to ekonk farms (me and my 2 sons), pick up the farm fresh turkeys (no defrosting), I get a truck load of these things, lol, then me and the boys go drop them off, we did this today, I just finished deboning ours, and a 12 lb chicken, I stuff the chicken inside the turkey, tie it all back together and call it a "turken", years doing it this way, so now its another tradition, the first year I did a turducken, but no one liked the duck, so now I just do a turken, everyone loves it, BUT MAN IS IT A LOT OF WORK, lol...

We also do a prime rib,Lobels delivered yesterday, if you ever get the chance to try lobels of new yorks meats, DO IT, best meats in the WORLD!!! They have some wagyu meats, OMG heaven on earth.. anyway my wife is vegan so she makes some tofu/soy dishes that people taste and make like its edible, lol. The kids are in charge of 1 dish a piece, my oldest is doing a honey siracha chicken dip with bread crusts, and my youngest is doing the potatoes...

We are having 41 people over tomorrow, plus we are 4 so 45 total, lol, 9 are staying with us right now, I am in the bedroom away from all the hubbub since I need to get up early to get my birds together and in the heat, its always a good time, a lot to be thankful for this year as I hope all of you have, I wish you all a perfect thanksgiving...

To good health, happy memories, and a future that holds as much as we can handle...

The wife is a Nurse and works the night shift - all the rest of the family is spread around the country with the home base in Minneapolis. We all gather there for Christmas. Thanksgiving is usually a solo holiday for me because of the above. So no turkey here - I'm going to cook a Cornish Gamehen and eggplant - and watch lots of football.

Still so much to be thankful for. I hope everyone stays safe and enjoys the holiday.

Spiral cut Honey Baked Ham. Harvard beets, broccoli/cauliflower mix, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed Idaho's, ham cracklin's gravy, and German Chocolate cake since it's my birthday. Out of respect for Lester the turkey we don't partake.

Having a rather small Thanksgiving this year. Think I'm going to enjoy the quiet of just my wife, youngest daughter and yours truly. Also going to be somewhat warm tomorrow (77) with a 40% of thunder storms. I usually fry the bird but this year it's getting shoved into the oven.

Last edited:
That steak isn't raw that's how we say perfect hell even a bit over cooked they taste the best when there still mooing.
Turkey tomorrow I hate Turkey but what can you do it's only once a year . Before my grandfather passed we used to get lamb but since he's gone I don't rank enough to get my lamb anymore maybe next year

Turkey is over rated, dull and bland. I'll double up on the corn, green beans, mash potato's, noodles and ham if they have it.

We had some turkey a couple weeks ago for the kids ... we're having a nice ham this year.

Standing Rib eye for Christmas - WOW it's great

Auto Transport Service
Back