• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is running the TF270 head ?

Watch your 2 bolt main caps closely when you spray Nitrous to make over 750hp.
Thanks Mike. I am probably only around 450 hp? or so now, 1971 short block, 1 7/8" headers, 292° .509" purple stripe cam, 6bbl, 1978 #452 stock heads, upgraded springs, locks, retainers, lifters, FBO ignition system.
I'm starting with a 50HP shot, so that is 500, I would call 100HP shot my limit by choice, so 550....
No more until I get my stroker motor built, but if the "spray" works well, that will affect the design stage of my future motor to account for more NO2 than just 100HP shot...
After all:

Last edited:
Also, an engine diaper is a good investment for those new to spray...

See this: http://www.dragzine.com/features/vi...e-spectacular-drag-racing-nitrous-explosions/
I appreciate it, but I won't be on the bottle from the tree, and even with my future motor I don't see going over a 150 hp shot, unless I get "the block" or something similar. At appx 600 HP/TQ on a stroker, with all the best parts and a girdle, I'm thinking a 100-150 shot would be pushing it??

I appreciate it, but I won't be on the bottle from the tree, and even with my future motor I don't see going over a 150 hp shot, unless I get "the block" or something similar. At appx 600 HP/TQ on a stroker, with all the best parts and a girdle, I'm thinking a 100-150 shot would be pushing it??
It probably depends more on how the engine machining and assembly is done and how lucky you are. As you said, starting slow to get used to it and having a good rev limiter will help ...

Well and been doing it since 2009 I must be living on borrowed time cuz I have a stock block 440 and I run a 350 plus shot of nitrous through it and been doing it since 2009

I got one that it was okay that's when I sprayed 175 through it but it's a whole different story when I shoot 350 so I will have videos of that this year

here it is the other car is a 410 stroker small block on a 250 shot

Sweet! Mopars w/fat tires inside the rear quarters look great, but a B BODY Mopar with fat tires looks the BEST! Nice run. Frame ties? Roll bar? Looks like a little "twist" is being induced into that Bee...

having a good rev limiter will help
When I installed my FBO ignition system about 2 years ago, the rev limiter was a big factor in that choice. That's when I started power shifting (at the track) my 3 pedal car. Foot to the floor and "no lifting when shifting". Really helped cut my time, I think especially because of the way the 6bbl setup works.

Yes the car has a full frame 14 point cage in it 456 dana and a 4 link in it I had 17.5/32/15 et street tire in the video now the car has a 12/29.5/15 on it

Let's see it's a 440 30 over with actually 12 and a half to 1 compression 640 640 cam Billet crank in it K1 rods Edelbrock Performer RPM heads for 3:20 CFM at 600 lift Edelbrock super Victor 1050 dominator fully rollerized 727 trans 8 inch converter 456 Dana 40 spline axles what else would you like to know

big *** Nitrous system
So these guys have diversified their product offerings? :)
Screenshot_20180525-213127_Chrome.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back