• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Here is Elvis' Convair 880 across the street from Graceland:
002 (25).jpg003 (17).jpg004 (15).jpg005 (12).jpg

I had read in Air Classics a while ago Elvis's planes were for sale, and probably headed for the torch.

Some more airshow pic i took AV8-B HARRIER.jpgf-15 striuke eagle pilot67.jpgf-16 kicking out the decoys01.jpgP-38 LIGHTING1.jpgP-511.jpgP 40 BROOKHAVEN  THE JACKIE C5.jpgPBY.jpgshooting star51.jpgwarhawk p-4086.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

F-14 TOMCAT THE BADDEST BIRD IN THE SKY BACK. WAS AT REPUBLIC AIRPORT FOR THE LAST FLIGHT AND OF TWO TOMCATS FROM THE U.S.S. TEDDY ROOSEVELT. ONE WAS MOTHBALLED AND IS ON DISPLAY AT THE BETHPAGE NORTHRUP /GRUMMAN PLANT WHERE THEY BUILT THE LUNA MODUAL FOR THE APOLLO SPACE FLIGHTS.
THESE SHOTS ARE A LITTLE GRAINY , SHOT WITH A FILM CAMERA BEFORE I CHANGED TO A NIKON D-300
57_2A.jpg03_3A.jpg16_16A.jpg06_6A.jpg10_10A.jpg26_3.JPG45_13A.JPG12_12A.jpg44_12A.jpg53_21A.jpg66_11A.jpgF-14.jpgDSC_0215.jpg72_17A.jpg

AV8-B HARRIER.jpg f-15 striuke eagle pilot67.jpg f-16 kicking out the decoys01.jpg P-38 LIGHTING1.jpg P-511.jpg P 40 BROOKHAVEN  THE JACKIE C5.jpg PBY.jpg shooting star51.jpg warhawk p-4086.jpg 57_2A.jpg 03_3A.jpg 16_16A.jpg 06_6A.jpg 10_10A.jpg 26_3.JPG 45_13A.JPG 12_12A.jpg 44_12A.jpg 53_21A.jpg 66_11A.jpg F-14.jpg DSC_0215.jpg 72_17A.jpg

One of our Black Boxes (Orange is the new Black) onboard one of our F-22 Flight Test Birds........

Attachments

• F22DisplayingWeaponsBays_1.jpg
    F22DisplayingWeaponsBays_1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 299
Computers/CAIS BUS/Data handling/Data processing/ and Data transmission via two "S" band encrypted Telemetry data streams to Ridley Control for ":Real-Time" data analysis/extrapolation.
Ridley is a Windowless Building here at Edwards AFB named after Major Jackie Ridley, Major Chuck Yeagars' Flight Test Engineer who first realized that the pilot had a lot to do including flying the Mission (Jet) and jotting down the sensor readings to include: Strain, Stress, accelerometers, pressure transducers etc.

Here's how I remember them:cr8crshr/Tuck
I was on the "BIG E" when north korea shot down the super connie spy plane and was sent back to north sea of Japan for 2nd time (Pueblo was 1st trip) I don"t think a more beautiful 4 prop bird existed than the "connie" . There was a static display of one on I 4 east of Lakeland up until a year or two ago. My favorite bird is the RA5C Vigilante .... a beautiful bird in flight. If you want to see many awesome aircraft you have to do the NAVY museum in Pensacola ,,,, A must do on your bucket list !!! Anybody remember the "Cutlass" from the 50s ?? Also called the gutlass !!How bout the fighter seaplane that killed a couple of test pilots b4 being scrapped ?? they have one a lakeland linder airport.Do I like planes ??? second only to cars and that fuzzie stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read 2 books on the Pueblo Incident.
Sad story
1. The Pueblo Incident
2. My own story by Col Bucher

Auggie, Hi my name is jimi, i love birds, live them, work on them and wa born into aviation in 53........i flew a 749 Connie @ age 14, shot the full approach and subsequent landing, mains on the numbers, always amongst my favorite A/C, it was rock of gibralter on final. I just got back on after a having been banned a while back, but i started a couple aircraft threads on here, but i cant find any of my old threads. Anyway, the answer to Your topic question, i Love airplanes!

Love the aviation photos/plane **** guys

I don't know much about aviation :headbang: but I do love US War Planes especially...

I was thinking & we're speaking of planes aviation enthusiasts,
where has Propwash/Will been ? I haven't seen any posts lately,
maybe he's been on the restoration section, or maybe over on FABO,
{his wife's Dart GTS build ?}
but I haven't gone on either areas much lately...

keep posting them great photos & insight...

Budnicks and Gang...
Budnicks is correct, where is Propwash?
Anybody?
Anybody?
Buller?

Skister.....no Bud, it was left seat, was My Bird....,right seat Pilot followed through on yoke and pedals in case we lost boost, RC is right, im small, so @ 14 i was Really small and was sitting on pillows. It was shakedown flight after demothing the Bird out of TWA retirees @ Tucson International. The same year is when i went on ballin the jack ride in thunderstorm in Howard 350....ohgawd what a Rod!!! The 350 is the non-pressurized Lockheed Ventura conversion by Dee Howard & Ed Swearingen(Merlin turbo props). The 500 was a pressurized Bird w scratch built airframe, from modified jigs purchased from Lockheed. Dig this, the 500 holds a sea level cabin to 16,000 feet! 2000 @ 22,000,...built to cruise @ 41,000.
350 VNE was 350mph & the 500 VNE is 500mph. Roughly 60 PV-1 Venturas were converted and only 17 500's were built, i say due to grumman payola, not wanting the competition to the G-1. Long story.....my Old Man flew a G-1 in the last job of His Career, nice damn airplane, but no way match the performance and range of the 500, which was transcontinental and an easy hundred miles an hour indicated faster than G-1 @ altitude......G-1 could not get up into thinner air like 500,. But in order to get the airplane certed after 5 years of stalling, the C of A came with altitude restrictions, an airplane that held a sea level cabin @ 16K.....i think a jink.

Hey Every Body, Glad to be back on the bbo yonder!

Auggie, Hi my name is jimi, i love birds, live them, work on them and wa born into aviation in 53........i flew a 749 Connie @ age 14, shot the full approach and subsequent landing, mains on the numbers, always amongst my favorite A/C, it was rock of gibralter on final. I just got back on after a having been banned a while back, but i started a couple aircraft threads on here, but i cant find any of my old threads. Anyway, the answer to Your topic question, i Love airplanes!

Many years ago I stopped into Buckeye airport in AZ because I spotted a Connie sitting there, so I got to talking the owner and he offered to sell me the L749 for $10K.......it did not have a current C of A and probably needed a lot more $$ to get it (safely)in the air but then again.....I still think of what a beauty it was, if only I had the money then!.

Auto Transport Service
Back