• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

tumblr_q9uf0vE5qo1yen4bq.mp4

IIRC Patty's stunt plane had a Mopar sponsor tag on it. Great pilot.
Its possible, Patty was also sponsored by BF Goodwrench, Michelin,...Mopar sponsored Julie Clark, I seen her land her T-34 on the dragstrip at Englishtown N.J. for the Mopar Nationals many moons ago. I seen her some 20 years later at an air show at M.C.A.S. Yuma in AZ and she was blown away I had seen that performance, great lady.
1-JULIE CLARK 07         01.JPG
images.jpg

Nellis AFB NV. Late afternoon .this is a Heritage flight to pay respect to the Men and Woman who served in the U.S.A.F.
13-NELLIS 07  heritage flight27.jpg

GEICO Sky Typers are based out of Farmingdale's Republic airport Long Island, N.Y These guys are about 3 miles from my house.I love the sound of the radial engines and the crackle the propeller tips goes super sonic.
05-T6 TEXANS GIGO SKYTYPERS4.JPG

Payed a visit to NAS Wildwood last summer in south New Jersey. its a museum now but during WWII is served as a Dive bomber training base.This day they had the Collins Foundation fly in a couple of Warbirds to sell rides.
In the first picture the mechanics are changing out a cracked exhaust manifold.here are some pictures.
049-JMC_4403.JPG
018-JMC_4185.JPG
035-JMC_4278.JPG
058-JMC_4520.JPG
053-JMC_4430.JPG
066-JMC_4635.JPG
067-JMC_4636.JPG
054-JMC_4440.JPG
044-JMC_4366.JPG
083-JMC_4862.JPG

I wonder why the exhaust ports are crimped down? It seems as that would cause restrictions.

035-jmc_4278-jpg.jpg

Not crimped....

01-jmc_5069-jpg.jpg

I wonder why the exhaust ports are crimped down? It seems as that would cause restrictions.

View attachment 953931

Not crimped....

View attachment 953932
Some highly supercharged engines overcome the exhaust restriction and gain airspeed from the thrust of the exhaust blasting out of the crimped pipes. I recall an article on the 'Rare Bear' racing Bearcat that claimed the equivalent of an extra 300 hp. was gained from this thrust.

Auto Transport Service
Back