• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

to the connie was the best looking large plane around followed by the b-17 I grew up around van nuys airport and had friends that worked on the EXECUTIVE SUITE B-25 love all those planes went to the Mojave air races as a kid

Another triple tailed aircraft was the Airspeed Ambassador. It was the type involved in the unfortunate crash that claimed so many lives of the Manchester United football team while trying to take off from Munich on February 6, 1958. The problem was slush on the runway which provided enough resistance to prevent takeoff speed from being achieved.

Airspeed+Ambassador.jpg

Another triple tailed aircraft was the Airspeed Ambassador. It was the type involved in the unfortunate crash that claimed so many lives of the Manchester United football team while trying to take off from Munich on February 6, 1958. The problem was slush on the runway which provided enough resistance to prevent takeoff speed from being achieved.

Airspeed+Ambassador.jpg
I love hi wing & mid wing. Thats a pretty Bird, cant say i'm familiar with it. Airspeed is mfg'r?

to the connie was the best looking large plane around followed by the b-17 I grew up around van nuys airport and had friends that worked on the EXECUTIVE SUITE B-25 love all those planes went to the Mojave air races as a kid
I flew a 749 Constellation when i was 14..lit Her back onto terra firma. They are Glorious aircraft.
I went to a lot of the Confederate Air Force air races in Texas growing up.

tumblr_oicynu6gG91rviw11o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mf67xt1fhn1r2r773o1_500.jpg

December 17th, 1903—113 years ago today—two brothers from Dayton, Ohio did the impossible.

surgeweb
Akron last year this is the third time trying to see if this photo stays

tumblr_oicynu6gG91rviw11o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mf67xt1fhn1r2r773o1_500.jpg

December 17th, 1903—113 years ago today—two brothers from Dayton, Ohio did the impossible.
So amazing, and they built their own engine for that plane too. Hard to imagine something flying so slow, ten feet per second. Paper airplane speed!

19fdasw34iu0tjpg.jpg
this should be the USS Macon 1935

Last edited:
I believe this is the USS Macon around 1933
_89752970_airship.jpg

Last edited:
7c62a06e3047b4b2c1048d30b9c2762d.jpg
not sure of the date but those cars look like late 20`s or 30`s

Auto Transport Service
Back