• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Built in the forties, the Super Constellation was the ultimate is modern air travel, until the late sixties, when jets were introduced. The flames you see are for show. They rich-en the fuel mixture to produce this affect. You have a favorite aircraft ? Post a video or picture of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dExlu488bM4

Very cool. When I was a kid I remember going to a couple air shows here at the Capitol City Airport. Haven't had those in many many years. Bi-planes are one of my favorites.

well WW2 single seat fighters
allied , its a toss up between the f4u corsair and the P47 thunderbolt :thinker:

ThreeP47s.jpg

axis
the FW190D9 or the ME 262

fw190d9black1gi_1.jpg

me262.jpg

Some of the freight contractors were using Super Connies (the AF designation was C-121) when I was in the Air Force. They were a beautiful plane and a good passenger aircraft, but for freight they were a bitch to load and unload as they had no winch, hoist or pallet system. I hated seeing one of these come in full of mail. A lot of times they would be half cargo/passenger. If it was a contract aircraft at least it would have stewardesses aboard.

there's something about the sound of a radial engine, multi's are even better. Merlins and Allison's are great too, but don't have the deep throaty sound of a P&W

republic-p47-thunderbolt.jpg F6F_warbirds_tw.jpg images (1).jpg DSC_1687-2.jpg 0708-bomber-flight.jpg b-29-superfortress-fifi-bill-lindsay.jpg

grew up a big Robert Conrad fan, and for the Corsair, so that show was a big hit in our house. and a couple years ago I finally saw my first Corsair in the flesh at The Planes of Fame, and their Corsair is one of the ones used in the show.

PTDC0017.jpg

Here's mine...

When I worked night shift in London, the Concorde fleet was my alarm clock. The 5:00pm arrival was the alarm, and the 6:00pm was the snooze button. Rattled my windows since we were directly under the flight path in Richmond. Very cool....always wanted to do one of those Supersonic tourist flights around the Bay of Biscayne, but never got around to it. Now it's just a memory. :)

Last edited:
I'm shocked at how many P47D fans are out there. People always look at me weird for being my favorite warbird. They're like a hemi-road runner.

t9tsog.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back