• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II
Ski do you confirm any of this info ?
that is if you can ?

I just think they're cool as hell...
My boy is a squid...
Go Navy

F-35A flight.jpg

Ski can you talk about these F-35's ?
Do you work on these too ?,
that is, If you can even say ?

Last edited:
Gee,
Every time I click on the site the site will not open....
Let me try something else
What does it state?
PS: All my buds are on this program, I chose to stay with the Raptor

Not sure why it {wikipedia Link} doesn't work now...
strange stuff

You can just google it too, it's like second on the list F-35
I just googled it & I got the same site, but link won't work here
strange stuff...LOL

Anyway;
Just general information, figured I'd share...LOL
thought maybe you had some insight or photos etc. to share...

When you use that link, it comes up slightly different: the period is missing between the en and wikipedia, and Lockheed ends up as Lockeed. Make those corrections in your browser and the correct page pops up.

F-35 stuff:

-Well, I was selected to go and support that Team but I'm getting old and didn't want to "Do" the 12 hour a day stuff.
A god Bud of mine "ran" the Test division for a while, he moved "up" to a bigger management slot.
He said that Lockheed-Martin Aerospace was 2 years late in providing the very first jet (Air Force jet AF 001)
It's the jet with the colorful tail, red/white and blue, lightening bolt on tail etc.

I can tell you guys and gals this: There are many critics of this air-vehicle, including Bruzilla BUT, it is a very capable "Low Budget" platform and that is the problem!
LM Aero has done the "COST OVERRUN" thing to the US Government at more than 4X the initial projected cost.

But yes, it is the second most advanced flying vehicle we have today, behind the F-22
(Simply put, it was developed to replace the F-16, the aging and mighty F-18 (Super Hornet) and of course the Death Trap Marine Corps Harrier. Also "Close Air Support" (AF Bird) filling in for the A-10 again, close air support.

It does have a remarkable "Bombing" capability

Yup,
At Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio in the early 80s "we" the 4950th TW had aircraft 375, Green Dragon (pics to come soon)
It was flown out of Kirkland AFB Alberquerque NM for many years (Test bed, infancy LASER program)
Then of course, the 747 Airborne LASER program here at Edwards, see pic below
BUT: with all of the billions of dollars injected into this program I had always heard the C.O.I.L (Chemical Oxygen Iodine LASER) was another Test Bed, to prove the concept on a larger level
And, that a smaller, more powerful Semi Conductor platform was being tested at Kirkland AFB, NM and soon to be installed into a "Fighter" size platform
I guess it's coming!

untitled.png

Yup,
At Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio in the early 80s "we" the 4950th TW had aircraft 375, Green Dragon (pics to come soon)
It was flown out of Kirkland AFB Alberquerque NM for many years (Test bed, infancy LASER program)
Then of course, the 747 Airborne LASER program here at Edwards, see pic below
BUT: with all of the billions of dollars injected into this program I had always heard the C.O.I.L (Chemical Oxygen Iodine LASER) was another Test Bed, to prove the concept on a larger level
And, that a smaller, more powerful Semi Conductor platform was being tested at Kirkland AFB, NM and soon to be installed into a "Fighter" size platform
I guess it's coming!

View attachment 356802
seen on out next to Davis Monthan at the graveyard, tour guide said it was slated to be chopped up the following week. believe there where some test missile parts it had shot down with its laser sitting next to it

Just to change the topic. Here is a video showing the recovery of the B-29 Doc, from China Lake bombing range. I don't recall the year of it's recovery, but she finally took her first flight, after restoration last month.

That's a cool little jet, I didn't know they were still around. Here's a clip from 33 years ago when they used the BD-5 Jet in a James Bond movie. Note the analog instruments they used back then.

Just to change the topic. Here is a video showing the recovery of the B-29 Doc, from China Lake bombing range. I don't recall the year of it's recovery, but she finally took her first flight, after restoration last month.

I'm 40 miles from China Lake
I'm there once every 2 months
BTW: It's not a lake....

This is the Boeing "Bird of Prey"
Test platform that flew in the early 90s
Single pilot
Limited range
External carry stores (weapons)
I have seen this vehicle, 2003ish?

bird_of_prey_13.jpg
BOPDESERT2800.png
hot-pic-boeing-usaf-bird-of-prey-stealth-test-airplane-picture.png