• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Maybe the idea was to streamline the aft section of the boat to reduce buffeting on the tail stabilizer?

I would have thought that you'd have the boat facing forward for less drag.
If you want it the other way around.. I ain't going with you! Ever look at a wing profile.. the dull end goes forward! That said, boats always go backwards, otherwise the air tumbling off the back will blank and stall the stabilizer.

Built in the forties, the Super Constellation was the ultimate is modern air travel, until the late sixties, when jets were introduced. The flames you see are for show. They rich-en the fuel mixture to produce this affect. You have a favorite aircraft ? Post a video or picture of it.

I remember those planes, for me they were most beautyful

Plane crash into beach (looked like it was pulling a banner).
1658723325902.png

Boxcar & Memphis Belle at AFN Air Museum Dayton OH Monday morning

20220725_111913.jpg

20220725_103400.jpg

The Final Phantom...

Manufactured in Japan on May 21, 1981 by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JASDF-17-8440 was the last F-4 Phantom to be produced, two years after the assembly lines shut down in the United States.
1658991483098.png

And last year, the last three Phantoms still in operation in Japan made their final flight. One of them, 17-8301/301, had been in service for fifty years after first being imported in 1971.

Auto Transport Service
Back