• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's upgrading?

my '63 poly (Fury drop top) and 727 are undergoing complete rebuild; .30/over, slightly mod cam, 5-way valve job, new guts entirely, new convertor, headers, X pipe larger dia exhaust. While motor/tranny is out, to be carted to the body shop for body/paint work and once back for me to continue the insides work (timing on this is backwards but shop availability came 1st). Endless list of stuff to do and hopefully have it ready for summer...

The cutting begins. Today I started cutting out the tunnel for my new CSR trans shield. It went ok it's out Heres a few pics not sure how they came out

Last edited:
Pictures

View attachment 393948 View attachment 393949 View attachment 393950 View attachment 393951 View attachment 393952 getting ready.jpg View attachment 393958 cutting out the shift box.jpg View attachment 393960 the tunne.JPG the cut out.jpg

Last edited:
Today I made a bit more progress I fitted the engine to the trans and made sure the shield fit in with the clearances I wanted. It looked good so I bolted the shield on from inside the cab (oh how nice that was) nice 30" extension and a socket and I had in bolted up i five minutes. ( that's never happened before). I did have to shorten the top two bolts about 3/8" to long. I was thinking to myself this is the way to go if your running a shield) So engine in bolted up. Now I had to realign the this engine, driveshaft, and differential so they were in proper parameters. now the engine sets level. I then started wiring up the water pump, coil, and started setting up my oil (3) gauges. One digital one actual oil and one low oil pressure light. and hook up my fuel pressure gauge as well. then I am going to tackle the intake and the linkage. picture in the following box

Well today I had more time but, yet never enough. Getting closer. Here are the pics. Also thanks for looking.

oil supply to gauges.JPG Overhead of indy intake.JPG Passenger side.JPG Driver side.JPG Front elevation.JPG 0verhead.JPG

Looks good!
thanks I had some issues just yesterday. A broken wire to the starter ended up have to pull the headers to get to it. Now I am thinking a pigtail off the starter may be in my best interest. I think Mike Gaines was going to do that also.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back